My name's "......." and I'm a MashStix member.

Talk about the mashup scene or anything you want. Section includes Lloyd Recommends and the Monthly Challenges
1 star User

Re: My name's "......." and I'm a MashStix member.

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am

Hi everyone - I'm old!

I've been working with tape and vinyl for fun since the mid 80s, into the 90s as an occasional DJ and into 2000+ as a synth programmer/writer/arranger of psychedelic electronic music (ambient, downtempo, breaks, progressive house/trance).

Nothing released yet.

The end!

2 Star User

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:02 am

tapehound wrote:Hi everyone - I'm old!

"Compared to What?" asked The Left Reverend McD...
My kids are older than the average member here...
Firmly anchoring the old and untalented end of Mashstix since 2012...

All Star User

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:35 am

Mike Goble wrote:
tapehound wrote:Hi everyone - I'm old!

"Compared to What?" asked The Left Reverend McD...
My kids are older than the average member here...

you youngsters and your i'm old thing :1rolleyes: :1laugh: :1laugh:

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 am

Hi I'm Alan, from Ireland, and I'm a very new MashStix member - just found out this site exists last week!

I'm in my mid-thirties, and I got into making mashups in June last year when my wife asked if I could make a mashup of Irish bands U2 and Fred as a wedding present for our friends, as those are they respective favourite bands (don't worry, we also gave them money - we're not cheapskates!).

That was the start of what has become almost an addition this last year, making mashups and learning more and more about production. And since the start of the pandemic when my previous main creative outlet of live stand-up comedy was taken away (in Ireland anyway), making mashups has kept me sane and sated my creative urges.

Looking forward to exploring and posting on this forum!

Post Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:35 pm

ah! wrote:Hi I'm Alan, from Ireland, and I'm a very new MashStix member - just found out this site exists last week!

I'm in my mid-thirties, and I got into making mashups in June last year when my wife asked if I could make a mashup of Irish bands U2 and Fred as a wedding present for our friends, as those are they respective favourite bands (don't worry, we also gave them money - we're not cheapskates!).

That was the start of what has become almost an addition this last year, making mashups and learning more and more about production. And since the start of the pandemic when my previous main creative outlet of live stand-up comedy was taken away (in Ireland anyway), making mashups has kept me sane and sated my creative urges.

Looking forward to exploring and posting on this forum!

Hello and welcome to Mashstix, Alan!

I've been seeing you post on reddit for a while--we may have even exchanged comments there at some point. I enjoy your work and look forward to helping you with your future productions.

As you may have noticed, Mashstix has been going through a dry spell lately--we were at one point a very active community. But unfortunately we moderators have all been busy with other things and as a result, the forum looks much like a ghost town. I plan on putting some time in during the holidays, but that's all I can promise you at this point.

In the meantime, keep on mashin'! Cheers!

Previous

Return to Stix chat