CVS - South of the Body on Me (Akon+Ashanti+Ed Sheeran)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

CVS - South of the Body on Me (Akon+Ashanti+Ed Sheeran)

Post Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:55 am

sources:
Ed Sheeran, Camila Cabello, Cardi B - South Of The Border (instrumental minus 2) G#m - 92,512 bpm
Akon Feat. Nelly & Ashanti - Body On Me (Acapella) Am - 90 bpm

Thanks MashGyver and Rayman for your reviews.
Mental pitched and speeded one semitone down (because of other project)
Pella pitched one semi down with Elastiquepitch 2 (keep formants).
In version 2, I restructured the mental, cutting out the repetitions (some were 4 or even 8 times long), repeating parts to make up for the lost mentaltime, overdubbing some mentalparts to make the repetition a bit different.
The harmonies have changed in version 2, because the pella is on other parts of the mental now.
Added some bass to bring out the tuned 808-kicks more.

No Flash Installed

download-v2-restructured

============
to compare older version(s) below

If dishonest is the opposite of honest, I could really use some 'social tancing' right now.
I slowed down Ed Sheeran one semi to put some Tupac Cali Love on, but could not get that DIY acapella to work.
Then I found this Body-pella in my stash, so I Elastiquepitched it one semi down as well.
The placement is always a problem for me, especially with these ad-lib / spoken intro's before rap parts, but I think I found one that fits. Never heard the full Ed song before :1rolleyes: . Just found out this week that Ed performs with a looper pedal, that explains a lot of the repetition.
Had to cut out some parts from the remade instrumental, from x-minus.pro (great site).
Put that pella on me, it screams.

No Flash Installed

download-v1
Last edited by CVS on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: CVS - South of the Body on Me (Akon+Ashanti+Ed Sheeran)

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:10 am

CVS wrote:If dishonest is the opposite of honest, I could really use some 'social tancing' right now.
:1laugh: Is "closening" a word? Can there be social closening? :1cheesy:

The track doesn't sound bad...I like the feel of it. It is a little repetitive for me and I don't know if the harmony really works, though. Not your fault--the bass notes on this instrumental are oddly never the roots of the chords, just the thirds. Not bad musically--just different. And hard to get a feel for. So I'll sit out on this one; maybe the others will have something more insightful to say.

2 Star User

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:43 am

The rapping works better than Akon singing, Great thing about Hip Hop and Rap is unless it's something like Linkin Park because of Chester Bennington not Mike Shinoda obviously although later Mike would sing and rap, Of if there is a female singing the hook you don't have to worry about keys, This is a good thing it also makes the mixing process easy to up and coming mashup artists, That don't know a lot about key. This could be a very good rap mix but since the bass is doing the thirds instead of the root I would get rid of Akon as harmonically like Angus said he isn't working.

2 Star User

Post Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:33 am

Thanks MashGyver and Rayman for your reviews.
I made a new version, to get rid of some of the repetition, cut out some parts, in the process also moving parts and using other parts of the mental and so making new mental+pella combo's, this changes the harmonies.
I think in the kick there are some tuned 808's, so I upped the bass a bit to raise them.
Overdubbed some parts in the last minute to make the repeat part a bit different.

new version is in O.P.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>