(FP)(!)"Sunshine Teardrop” (Massive Attack vs. B.Withers)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(FP)(!)"Sunshine Teardrop” (Massive Attack vs. B.Withers)

Post Sat May 16, 2020 2:08 am

On March 30th soul legend Bill Withers passed away. I had this idea to mix one of his signature songs “Ain’t No Sunshine” with “Teardrop” by Massive Attack. While re-arranging the instrumental elements to a totally new backing track I had the idea to also do a “live band version” with musicians from around my area. Everyone I asked (please check the individual musicians with links to their bands in the Youtube describtion!) has been totally down for it and so everybody recorded their parts at their homes/studios, since we couldn’t meet up because of the Coronavirus situation. Last not least I felt so very special about this track that I’ve also asked Kill_mR_DJ to give me his interpretation of my mashup. He remixed “Sunshine Teardrop” and also added some vocals by Kaleo.

DJ Schmolli - Sunshine Teardrop
Massive Attack - Teardrop
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine

Original mashup

No Flash Installed

phpBB [media]

Band Version

No Flash Installed

phpBB [media]

Go check out Kill_mR_DJ's remix HERE

Download all 3 versions

Re: SCHMOLLI: "Sunshine Teardrop" (Massive Attack/Bill Withe

Post Sat May 16, 2020 10:55 am

Inspired work. They are all great but I'll recommend the Band version specifically because it has that extra magic.

1 star User

Re: (!)SCHMOLLI: "Sunshine Teardrop" (Massive Attack/Bill Wi

Post Sat May 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Sooooo gooooood! :1cool:
Facebook: [url]facebook.com/thebiggh[/url]

Enjoy!

1 star User

Post Sun May 17, 2020 1:29 pm

Not already on the frontpaged? :P

3 Star User

Post Mon May 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Great mash and as I already told you that solo is HAMMER! :1grin:

Post Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 am

I love this! And I’m sure Bill would love it himself. And props on that tasty guitar solo!

I enjoyed the creativity and musicianship of the Band version immensely, but as a pure mashup in the mashstix sense I want to see the original version on the Frontpage.

But since Warezio recommended the Band version, I am not sure how to proceed. I am RECOMMENDING the Original Mashup Version, and hopefully another Mod will make a decision so we can move this beauty where it needs to be!

Post Sun May 24, 2020 10:37 am

MashGyver wrote:I am RECOMMENDING the Original Mashup Version, and hopefully another Mod will make a decision so we can move this beauty where it needs to be!

Frontpaged :1cool:

Awesome mash! Very deep and that vocal sounds very crisp, must have been a bit of a pain to get sounding perfect :1smiley:

2 Star User

Re: (FP)(!)"Sunshine Teardrop” (Massive Attack vs. B.Withers

Post Sun May 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Two great songs, with an even better changed version of Teardrops than the original, plus Teardrops fits in the words with missing Bill, and as cherry-on-top we see, in the mashup video from 1:38 'da real guitar man' himself :1wink:
And I get your old interview quote now: '... usually find out the key of mashup-sources using my guitar'.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>