Jesus Roulette (Depeche Mode vs KT Perry)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Jesus Roulette (Depeche Mode vs KT Perry)

Post Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Hey :1cool:
Acap: Depeche Mode - personal Jesus
Instru: Katy Perry - Roulette

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.audio/track/16635/jesus-roulette-depeche-mode-vs-kt-perry
:1rolleyes:
My life is Music and Music is LiFe
https://sowndhaus.audio/profile/djtomtomindamix

Re: Jesus Roulette (Depeche Mode vs KT Perry)

Post Sat May 16, 2020 11:56 am

I think "I will deliver you know I'm forgiven" wants to move such that "know" aligns with the drop @ 2:27.

Post Wed May 27, 2020 5:32 pm

The vocals seem to be overpowering the instrumental as well.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Post Sat May 30, 2020 5:29 am

What you can try on the vocal:
Listen to your mashup in DAW and suddenly mute the vocal channel. If the vocal really is way too loud, you will hear a big drop in energy.
Then take the volume on the vocal track fully down. It helps me to pull it gradually up, with my eyes CLOSED, (not looking at the fader anyway) to a new setting. Often this is decibels (2 or 3 or 4) lower than it was originally. Looking at a fader I convince myself that I could not be wron for more than plus or minus0,1 or 0,2 dB. (But I often am).
Also, once I used normalize on a vocal (making that track a lot louder) after importing it in my DAW, without adjusting the volume of the vocal. Big mistake.
And vocals I like and want to share the lyrics of, often get too loud in my version 0 or 1.

Oh, and I agree with Warezio that word he mentioned should be on the beat when it returns. It could e that this moves your full vocal a bit later, with effect on the volumes (see above).

If you have this vocal-too-loud issue on EVERY mashup, get new and better (monitor) headphones. Before buying that, try listening at another (lower) volume during your end mix.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>