Say You Ain't Far And Beyond (Asian KF Gen. vs Weezer)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Say You Ain't Far And Beyond (Asian KF Gen. vs Weezer)

Post Thu May 07, 2020 11:31 pm

WRESTLE WITH JIMMY... or just stripe it with some shuriken and katanas, you choose.

Weezer - Say it Ain't So (instrumental)
Asian Kung Fu Generation - Haruka Kanata (DIY vocals)

No Flash Installed

DL It Here!
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Re: Say You Ain't Far And Beyond (Asian KF Gen. vs Weezer)

Post Sat May 09, 2020 5:21 pm

I feel there is too much reverb on the vocals for the instrumental, especially during the verses. Can you reduce it?

Also there's some kind of ringing in the acapella, I'd have to plot the spectrum to be sure, but maybe (multiband) limiting around 1.1Khz might help? If you have the Weezer vocal stem you can try to make the spectrums match.

Re: Say You Ain't Far And Beyond (Asian KF Gen. vs Weezer)

Post Thu May 21, 2020 12:57 am

Gladi this combo is incredible. I don’t have the foggiest idea what Asian Kung Fu Generation is, but the singing style even has that grungey/slacker quality that fits this song so well.

Unfortunately this acapella is just too DIY-ish to work for me. Is it a phase-inversion you made yourself? Have you tried the AI engines like PhonicMind or melody.ml yet on it? I don’t know if they’ll produce any better results, but this one is disappointing because the tracks work so well musically.

The bridge probably needs a few note changes to accommodate the key change, but it almost works.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>