(FP)Trouble Days Are Over-Florence & the Machine vs Coldplay

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Re: (!)Trouble Days Are Over--Florence & the Machine vs Cold

Post Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 am

This is a beauty of a track, BiggH! I wish I could listen to the earlier versions and hear the evolution of the vocal effects, though, because they’re still not quite sitting right in the mix for me. Did you bathe them in your own reverb? Is there a chorus effect on them or is that from the widening you’ve applied? Later in the track the effects you’ve applied, such as the uber-wide vocals after 3:21, make it more palatable. I just wonder if you could ease up on the reverb and widening early on in the track...

I did want to say that the “run”s at 3:11 are sick! Great creative effect work in the second half of this track!

1 star User

Re: Trouble Days Are Over--Florence & the Machine vs Coldpla

Post Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 am

Warezio wrote:
djbiggh wrote:I retooled it by wideng the vocals manually

Even better now.

Thanks Warezio!
Facebook: [url]facebook.com/thebiggh[/url]

Enjoy!

1 star User

Post Wed May 13, 2020 9:18 am

Thanks Warezio! Hoping this one gets some traction... :1grin:

Enjoy!

Post Thu May 21, 2020 12:13 am

djbiggh wrote:Hoping this one gets some traction... :1grin:
I was hoping you’d hear from another mod or two, but now it’s been a month since my last comment…

I still don’t think the mix is up to your usual standards, H, and I was hoping you could find a way to improve it, but I do really like the combo and the vibe of this mashup, and I love everything else you’ve done with it. I know sometimes the stems we have just don’t gel like we want them to, so I assume this is as good as it will get. But I can’t honestly say that it isn’t Frontpage-worthy, so…

2 Star User

Re: (FP)Trouble Days Are Over-Florence & the Machine vs Cold

Post Thu May 21, 2020 12:23 am

Yeah the vocals sound kind of washed out but besides that this is pretty damn good, Kudos DJ Big H for using something that isn't Viva La Vida or Clocks hah.

1 star User

Post Thu May 21, 2020 8:52 pm

MashGyver wrote:
djbiggh wrote:Hoping this one gets some traction... :1grin:
I was hoping you’d hear from another mod or two, but now it’s been a month since my last comment…

I still don’t think the mix is up to your usual standards, H, and I was hoping you could find a way to improve it, but I do really like the combo and the vibe of this mashup, and I love everything else you’ve done with it. I know sometimes the stems we have just don’t gel like we want them to, so I assume this is as good as it will get. But I can’t honestly say that it isn’t Frontpage-worthy, so…

Thanks for the feedback Mashgyver! I don't know how I missed your previous post, but I didn't catch your suggestions until now. This was definitely one of the trickier mashups I've done. There was a lot of chopping up on the instrumental and the vocals required a lot of processing. For some reason the quality of the vocal recording was "essy" and it had a lot of effects already built in, especially varying widths. I confess, I fatigued out on the edits sooner than usual because I had other tracks I wanted to focus on. I agree that it would have been helpful to save each version as I went, but I have limited space on my Sowndhaus account these days, so I was trying to keep it uncluttered. Next time I'll keep the previous versions up if I can. Ultimately, any FP is a win for the home team, so I'm glad it still made the cut!

Many thanks as always,

H.

Enjoy!

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>