expl. CVS - Don't You Wish I Saved Your Life (PCD + Indeep)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

expl. CVS - Don't You Wish I Saved Your Life (PCD + Indeep)

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:28 am

sources:
Busta Rhymes + Pussy Cat Dolls - Don't Cha Wish Your Girlfriend (explicit acapella) G# major
Indeep - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life (instrumental) F minor (relative minor of G# maj)

I split my last two mashups and made a new one from two of the sources.
Sony Simple Delay to fill some blanks in the vocal.

version 6
Thanks Satis5d for your review on v5, here is a new version 6.
I changed pitch correction from "per individual cut of vocal" to one "track pitch", and used 1,25 semitone as correction.
I pulled almost every vocal cut a tiny bit earlier, to make it less 'laid back' (or dragging, as you would say haha). Most of this change is in the Busta part.
Also put (free) Voxengo Tube Warmer VST as an insert (about 80 percent wet) on the vocal, to get some agression.
Changed the Indeep-outro on "doing things in the mix" a bit, to subtly teach me to laugh about my own mistakes.

No Flash Installed

download-version-6

=======================
OLDER VERSIONS TO COMPARE:
version 5 (the first version published here on Mashstix)

No Flash Installed

download-version-5
Last edited by CVS on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: expl. CVS - Don't You Wish I Saved Your Life (PCD + Inde

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:52 pm

While there are concepts here that I like a lot, there are issues that I have with this mashup:
1. It sounds to me like you slowed down the Pussycat Dolls. Whether you did or not, the result has a lack of energy and kind of drags a bit.
2. Although the issue seems to be resolved at around 3:30, the acapella sounds a bit flat, especially at the beginning. I'm guessing that it needs to come up by at least 25 cents.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:54 am

Thanks for your remarks Satis5d on version 5. New version is in OP.
The first one is tough to fix with a pella admittedly 10 beats slower but I tried to fix it (vocals earlier on the beat; starting delays on a louder part of the vocal; tube saturation on vocal).
For the second one (pitch) I deleted the individual pitch changes per vocal part and replaced them with one 'track pitch' change for 1,25 semitone. Maybe I lost the quarter semitone in my slowing down, or my cutting up, that was necessary to "milisec-fix" the vocal-timing.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:08 pm

CVS, you've done a good job of resolving the "dragging" issue, but I'm still not sure that the pitching is correct yet. Perhaps another Mod will be able to give you a second opinion. (Assuming that another Mod appears again... :1rolleyes: )
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>