Boniemandance (Kompromat VS Dandy Warhols VS David Bowie)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Boniemandance (Kompromat VS Dandy Warhols VS David Bowie)

Post Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:43 pm

Hello,

I have'nt post here since long time but i want to go back in ! I hope you will have some precious advice as you used to do !

Instrumental : KOMPROMAT - Niemand
Acapella : DANDY WARHOLS - Bohemian Like you
DAVID BOWIE - Let's Dance

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.audio/track/15000

Re: Boniemandance (Kompromat VS Dandy Warhols VS David Bowie

Post Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:56 pm

Welcome back! :1smiley:

I like this mix, and I'm close to giving it my recommend. But first I want to know if there is anything you can do about the instrumental. It seems to have artifacts (pops and clicks) like at 0:39 throughout the song. Anything you could do to clean those up would help a lot.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:10 pm

Thanks satis5d !

For the instrumental do you think it 's a problem of the source which the quality is too low ? Or do you mean that I have to do better the loops ?

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:32 am

What he was hearing is the time ripping in your instrumental. It's similar to the effect on Neo's voice when he screams into the matrix in the first movie. It happens when you time compress something (lengthen or slow down) with out correcting the pitch (also know as vari speeding). The audio track is forced to duplicate samples in order to redraw the wave form which caused the audio to audibly "tear". The only way to fix this would be to time compress the vocals to be faster. This would be much less noticeable.

Keep this rule in mind for future works: Only time compress vocals. Never time compress instrumentals. :1smiley:

Other than the tearing I like it though! :1wink:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>