(FP)ZooKreeper I Like Chocolate Middle (1975/Lauv/DJ Snake)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(FP)ZooKreeper I Like Chocolate Middle (1975/Lauv/DJ Snake)

Post Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:49 pm

ZooKreeper - I Like Chocolate Middle (The 1975 vs Lauv vs DJ Snake)

The 1975 - Chocolate instrumental
Lauv - I Like Me Better acapella
DJ Snake - Middle acapella

I added some reverb on Lauv to try to match DJ Snake but is it too muddy? :1lipsrsealed:

No Flash Installed

Download

v2

No Flash Installed

v2 Download
Last edited by ZooKreeper on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 Star User

Re: ZooKreeper - I Like Chocolate Middle (1975/Lauv/DJ Snake

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:36 am

I use 'parallel reverbing'. Instead of putting the reverb straight on the vocal track (and having to put all of the vocal through it), I make a separate channel where there is no vocal or music, but just the reverb (wet 100%).
I then can send as much or little of the original trackto this 'send' channel (who thinks up these names ? :1laugh: ).
So the original vocal is in the mix as well to keep the vocal clear, upfront and in the middle.
In my opinion, using only headphones to mix, reverb puts the sound of the track to the back and to the sides.
Where usually the instruments already are.

Added bonus is that you can send MORE tracks to the same send reverb channel and they will have the same settings (like delaytime, roomsize, pre delay being the usual culprits of 'muddy'). This also saves CPU power in computer because you only use ONE VST-reverb-plugin.
This trick also works great on compressors (also known as New York compressing) and delay.

And if you don't know, now you know - Biggie Smalls

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 pm

CVS wrote:I use 'parallel reverbing'. Instead of putting the reverb straight on the vocal track (and having to put all of the vocal through it), I make a separate channel where there is no vocal or music, but just the reverb (wet 100%).
I then can send as much or little of the original trackto this 'send' channel (who thinks up these names ? :1laugh: ).
So the original vocal is in the mix as well to keep the vocal clear, upfront and in the middle.
In my opinion, using only headphones to mix, reverb puts the sound of the track to the back and to the sides.
Where usually the instruments already are.

Added bonus is that you can send MORE tracks to the same send reverb channel and they will have the same settings (like delaytime, roomsize, pre delay being the usual culprits of 'muddy'). This also saves CPU power in computer because you only use ONE VST-reverb-plugin.
This trick also works great on compressors (also known as New York compressing) and delay.

And if you don't know, now you know - Biggie Smalls

Thank you!! I'll see what I can do. Do you use Audacity as well or another program?

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Still trying to get a handle on some of these more complicated techniques, but at the very least I re-did the reverb with decreased room size (thank you for the tip CVS!) and pushed Lauv's volume up a titch.

Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:49 pm

I have no issues with version 2.
Two thumbs up!

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: (!)ZooKreeper - I Like Chocolate Middle (1975/Lauv/DJ Sn

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:12 am

Sent up! Nice work!

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>