Blame it on Your Little Sister (Manson Vs Charli XCX)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Blame it on Your Little Sister (Manson Vs Charli XCX)

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:41 pm

"Blame it on Your Little Sister"
Instrumental: Charli XCX & Lizzo - Blame It On Your Love
DIY Acapella: Marilyn Manson - Cry Little Sister

This is for a halloween mashup compilation... I already know the vocals are rough, so if your just gonna say the acapella isn't good either tell me where to find a studio one, or give me some decent advice as to how to make it sound better. :1shocked:

V2 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/tp1 ... 2.mp3?dl=0

No Flash Installed

V3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/j7d ... 3.mp3?dl=0

No Flash Installed

Last edited by tatertraps on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Blame it on Your Little Sister (Manson Vs Charli XCX)

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:25 am

It’s Charli Manson! :1laugh: :1laugh:

I was trying to do something with Cry Little Sister a few Halloweens ago myself, but never got anywhere with it. All I had at the time was the original instrumental. This is an interesting take on it, though. As far as the vocals go, they don’t sound as bad as you made them out to be…but adding more effects to them can always help. Some more reverb or echoes might help. Do you have a Chorus effect on them already? That might be worth considering.

Do you happen to know how the DIY was made? PhonicMind? Phase inversion?

1 star User

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:47 am

Haha Thanks for taking a listen! I used Phonicmind to make the acapella then I tried to go in and cut out the noise and remnants that were still left in.
I did use a little reverb and some echo but maybe I’ll play around more with chorus effects.

1 star User

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:23 am

here's Version 2
I added some Chorus and played a little more with the echo on the pella
let me know what you think
Thanks!!

1 star User

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm

here's my 3rd and probably final version. :1grin:

Post Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:24 pm

This combo is surprisingly entertaining. Good job with the inventiveness of thinking to put these two tracks together. I wouldn’t have expected Marilyn Manson to work so well in this style!

As you say, it’s a shame about the DIY nature of the acapella, which impacts on the overall sound of the mix. Phonicmind can be very useful but cannot always guarantee a clean vocal from it. I’m not sure if there is another acapella source file for it available anywhere online?

I didn’t hear v1, so not able compare against the new versions containing the added reverb/chorus/echo effects.

For me, I sometimes feel that for DIY ‘pellas, too much reverb can start to make it sound more distant to the instrumental rather than getting it to actually fuse with it and not just sitting over the top. I appreciate though that the vocals on the original track already have that kind of effect to them so might be difficult to improve on?

Any chance you could re-upload v1, just so I can hear what it sounded like before you added the echo effects?

Also, have you tried perhaps to adjust the EQ to increase the mid range and/or high frequencies to attempt to give the vocal more ‘air’ and clearer sound?

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>