(FP) You Spin Me Like Yo Daddy (Dead Or Alive vs. Multiple)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

(FP) You Spin Me Like Yo Daddy (Dead Or Alive vs. Multiple)

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:05 pm

SMASH - You Spin Me Like Yo Daddy (Dead Or Alive vs. Meghan Trainor vs. Sigala ft. Bryn Christopher vs. Taylor Swift)

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (F.F.Wizard Instrumental)
Meghan Trainor - Dance Like Yo Daddy
Sigala - Sweet Lovin' ft. Bryn Christopher
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Let the party continue (from the last Mashoff) :1tongue:
BTW, the vocals at the very beginning are part of the instrumental (just in case you didn't notice).

V2

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: You Spin Me Like Yo Daddy (Dead Or Alive vs. Multiple)

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Fun! :1cheesy:

I don't know why, but to me this sounds like a great song for a Halloween playlist. :1shocked:

Easy recommend.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: You Spin Me Like Yo Daddy (Dead Or Alive vs. Multiple)

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:30 am

satis5d wrote:Fun! :1cheesy:

I don't know why, but to me this sounds like a great song for a Halloween playlist. :1shocked:

Easy recommend.

Thanks for the recommend, happy you like it :1grin:

Re: (!) You Spin Me Like Yo Daddy (Dead Or Alive vs. Multipl

Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:30 pm

I like that the instrumental remake used here gives this more of a dance remix kinda vibe, and the sources used flow well throughout.

Not sure though if the prominence of the synths is competing for space too much with some of the vocals at times in that similar frequency range, so that they sort of become overpowered and difficult to focus on? This seems to be particularly noticeable for Meghan Trainor and Taylor Swift, for example in the section from 1:33 to 2:16 but also later on as well after this.

Maybe you could try to adjust the levels or EQ in regards to this? However, it could just be me over analysing it, and others may think it’s not too much of an issue?

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:41 am

DJ CROSSABILITY wrote:I like that the instrumental remake used here gives this more of a dance remix kinda vibe, and the sources used flow well throughout.

Not sure though if the prominence of the synths is competing for space too much with some of the vocals at times in that similar frequency range, so that they sort of become overpowered and difficult to focus on? This seems to be particularly noticeable for Meghan Trainor and Taylor Swift, for example in the section from 1:33 to 2:16 but also later on as well after this.

Maybe you could try to adjust the levels or EQ in regards to this? However, it could just be me over analysing it, and others may think it’s not too much of an issue?

Thanks for your time and review, Cross :1smiley:

I drop a 5dB around 900hrz on the instrumental, hopefully it helped :1wink:

Verison 2 is up

2 Star User

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:38 am

There is enough room for the vocals now, in this great and happy mix. Maybe it's a bit fast for most daddies to dance to at their age, but very energetic for a younger crowd.
The intro comes in with a bang, I like that, and it is easy for inexperienced DJ's to throw this one 'in the mix'. Nice Smash-style ending, as expected.

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:27 am

Nice one! Very silly

Re: (FP) You Spin Me Like Yo Daddy (Dead Or Alive vs. Multip

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:17 am

Thank you, CVS, for the comment, happy you like it, and thanks, Happy Cat, for FP :1smiley:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>