(!) September Tourniquet (Earth Wind & Fire ft. Brk. Ben.)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(!) September Tourniquet (Earth Wind & Fire ft. Brk. Ben.)

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 pm

I finally returned to Soundhaus uploads, so my pics may finally appear again on my mashups... :1laugh:

As a tradition, I make tragic/depressive/oppressive mashups about Summer... this year, it's this one's turn, where I show my anger upon this season. :1angry:

Earth, Wind & Fire - September (vocals)
Breaking Benjamin - Tourniquet (instrumental, some vocals)

No Flash Installed

DL It Here!
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

3 Star User

Re: September Tourniquet (Earth Wind & Fire ft. Breaking Ben

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:17 am

Gr8 processing on those vocals to get 'em to sit in the angst of Breaking Benjamin

Re: September Tourniquet (Earth Wind & Fire ft. Breaking Ben

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:59 pm

It's an easy recommend from me. I hear no issues needing your attention.

Very good. You made an over-used acapella sound fresh. :1cheesy:

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: (!) September Tourniquet (Earth Wind & Fire ft. Brk. Ben

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 am

Really cool tune you got here, Gladi. Tempted to FP it. But I have to ask-- how many semitones did you have re-pitch here? Obviously the vocals are affected, but the instrumental sounds a bit beat up to me.

Vocals also sound a bit sharp in the verses. Bring them down another 30 cents maybe?

2 Star User

About the mash...

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:48 am

MashGyver wrote:Really cool tune you got here, Gladi. Tempted to FP it. But I have to ask-- how many semitones did you have re-pitch here? Obviously the vocals are affected, but the instrumental sounds a bit beat up to me.

Vocals also sound a bit sharp in the verses. Bring them down another 30 cents maybe?

1st - On Tourniquet, I've brought every single isolated track (except drums, of course) 3 semitones up, then changing their formants to their previous state on Melodyne to not getting into that sometimes annoying pitched-up sound... and YES, that includes Breaking Ben's vocals;

2nd - On September, I did the opposite: this time, brought them 3 semitones down, then changed their formant to their original state afterwards.

Sadly, I tried to smooth the vocals as much as possible... and this is the best I can do, without getting them sounding too muddy.

I could bring Tourniquet one semitone down to its original version, but then it would be even harder to smooth the original vocals of September, since the pitching would ruin some parts of it.

Anyways, hoping my explanation was useful :1grin:

2 Star User

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 am

... aaaand everyone forgot this one... :1cry:

Re: (!) September Tourniquet (Earth Wind & Fire ft. Brk. Ben

Post Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 am

Interesting idea, Gladi :1cool:

I also felt some notes are not locked perfectly on key in the verses :1undecided:

Anyway, one thumb up from me for the current version :1wink:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>