(!) Controversy All Nite! KISS Vs. Prince

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: Controversy All Nite! KISS Vs. Prince

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:51 pm

It's quite a honor to be compared to Bill so thanks for that Sarge, V3.5 is now on the OP fixes all the tempo issues of the previous versions thanks to Angus and other comments for the help! Comment and critique once you get the chance.

2 Star User

Hmm...

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Only advice I can give here is:

Hear the 1st minute you've done carefully, and try to follow the structure done there during the rest of the mashup.

As far as I understood, you like to change the rhythm structure during all the way of every bootleg you do, to not getting too repetitive... however, almost any of the tracks that aren't "pattern-free" follows certain "rules" and "courtesies" that cannot be overcome or bent. One of those is the repetition of verse structures' rhythm, on which consists into putting order on the song itself as a well-fit puzzle.
Understanding how this simple shenanigan works may be what it lacks from you to catch the audience's attention AND correct the OOT (Out Of Time) issues you have.

To be fully honest, I had the same issue with certain mashups of mine at some point, thought for different reasons (stubborn idealisms and so on), therefore I can see where this little problem can be "fixed"... of course, if you wanna fix it WITH help; I rather prefer letting you discover that by yourself! :1grin:
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Post Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:33 pm

So the first minute is still magical, and the rest is very close. Everything sounds like an improvement to me! You’re still a little off the beat, which is I think what GladiLord is saying. Honestly, starting with the last “And party every day” of the first chorus, followed by the “You keep on shouting”, all the way into the second verse and chorus, needs to come slightly sooner.

The second verse got moved to too late. If you get that snare matched up with “you” you’ll be fine. You did it in the first verse and chorus just fine, so you should be able to get the rest fixed. The bonus chorus at 2:09 is just slightly behind as well.

Best of luck, should you decide to make a V3.75 :1grin:

2 Star User

Post Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:10 am

When I edit a instrumental, I put the 'building blocks' on separate tracks. Sometimes even with different colors to see where I used the same part again.
This makes the repetition visually clear to me, as I see where the 4 or 8 or 16 beat (or bars) parts are.
This can help you as well seeing the structure that Gladilotd points at. If you color the verse part.

1 star User

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:29 am

V3.75 is now on the OP, I am done with this one.

Post Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56 am

Well, sir, you have not given up on this one and I applaud you. :1cool:

The timing is still a little bit imperfect in a few points, but it is a great mashup in many ways. I think I can live with it at this point. :1wink:

1 star User

Re: (!) Controversy All Nite! KISS Vs. Prince

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Bumped

1 star User

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Bumped Again

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:38 am

Nice combo, RayMan, but unfortunately, the timing is still off at times, sorry, I can't FP this one like that, hopefully you'll give us version 3.8 :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:37 pm

SMASH wrote:Nice combo, RayMan, but unfortunately, the timing is still off at times, sorry, I can't FP this one like that, hopefully you'll give us version 3.8 :1smiley:

Not doing it again.

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>