[FP] HCD - Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus vs Metallica

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP] HCD - Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus vs Metallica

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:16 am

The Old Unforgiven Road (Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus vs. Metallica)

The Old Unforgiven Road (Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus vs. Metallica)

V3

No Flash Installed

DOWNLOAD

Mashup of:
Instrumental: Metallica - The Unforgiven
Acapella: Lil Nas X - Old Town Road ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Main Theme - Ennio Morricone

2 Star User

Re: HCD - Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus vs Metallica

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:39 am

I think you nailed it already, but from 0:20 to 0:35 the first voice could be more distorted to fit with Mettalica.
Maybe you can add gunshots (at work haha) as well in the intro, and then in a pang, pang-pang riddim (with the snare) during the song?

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 am

Version 2 up

Thanks for the feedback man!

I added the horse and Good bad and ugly to the end. The Guns shots didn't work out but I did add some extra distortion grunge to the opening chorus mention.

1 star User

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:45 am

Great, but you forgot Ennio Morricone to mention :1wink: - Love the final part of this track :1smiley:

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Yee-haw! Awesome idea, HCD! The added sounds are great and I love the vocal effects!

You’ve done a nice job paring this instrumental down to HCD-length, and the ending works nicely, although I admit it hurt me a bit to hear a 6 minute epic cut in half. :1cry: Is it sped up a bit too?

In terms of flow, it flows pretty well. Creatively, I think it could use some echoes at the end of the chorus, into the acoustic section (0:42ish and 1:30ish and maybe 2:30 into the ending) i.e. “no more…no moreno more…” Also, the cut between the verses and pre-chorus was a bit jarring with the drum fill and skipping the extra beats that were in the original. I realize you cut the verse in half, but in the original Lars doesn’t fill before the tom part, only in the middle of the verse, so maybe use the second part of the verse? If that sounds weird, I think you could keep those extra beats in there and just echo the last words of the verse or lead-in with “can’t nobody tell me” (like a reverse echo or something of that nature.)

It rocks, though. I’m only nitpicking those sections because I’m so used to the original. I’m sure this will be a Frontpager and a hit in no time!

1 star User

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:55 pm

MashGyver wrote:It rocks, though. I’m only nitpicking those sections because I’m so used to the original. I’m sure this will be a Frontpager and a hit in no time!

As someone who doesn't know the original that well, this combo sounds perfect to me

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Version 3 is up!

I added louder echos for transitions and removed the drum fill pre-chorus after the first verse.
I originally had the delay before the pre-chorus but the broken vocals sounded much stranger than the cut section of the instrumental which I hope won't be noticed by most casual listeners.

Thanks for the feedback.

Post Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:34 pm

Transitions in V3 sound a lot better. I think the drum fill in the second verse should go away too, but I’mma let you do your thing.

Re: (!)HCD - Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus vs Metallica

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Yee-haw! It's goin' to the front-page! :1grin:

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Re: [FP] HCD - Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus vs Metallica

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Just found it on FB from Bobby Glasspie's post.
This is CRAZY

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>