[FP]Rock You Like A Deeper Love(Aretha Franklin v Scorpions)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP]Rock You Like A Deeper Love(Aretha Franklin v Scorpions)

Post Sat May 18, 2019 11:11 pm

Rock You Like A Deeper Love (Aretha Franklin vs. Scorpions)

Aretha Franklin - A Deeper Love (1994) - [percapella]
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane (1983) - [original + cover instrumental]

Version 2

No Flash Installed

RIGHT-CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

My entry from Mash-Off #73. I figured it would have lost to SMASH’s entry, but I threw it in the hat anyway. There are some quirks I can already hear need fixing, but let’s hear what y’all have to say...

Re: Rock You Like A Deeper Love (Aretha Franklin vs. Scorpio

Post Tue May 21, 2019 5:49 pm

I love the combo! :1grin:
From 1:00-1:08 Aretha sounds like she's ahead of the beat and getting faster.
The same things seems to happen leading up to 3:41.
Just before and around 3:00 she might be a bit ahead as well.

Otherwise, I am prepared to recommend this one.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: Rock You Like A Deeper Love (Aretha Franklin vs. Scorpio

Post Thu May 23, 2019 4:25 pm

Duuude this is a cool combo!

I wasn't around the time of the competition but certainly would have considered giving this my vote :1grin:

I'm with Satis5d in regards to the vocals; maybe they need a good thorough warp if the original had a variable speed. I also think this has a cool opportunity for a remix, though I'm moving PCs so without any software at the moment :1undecided: maybe once I get ableton up and running we can collab on a remixed version?

If you have a moment to adjust the vocals then that would be ideal, now as I check the site every few days I'll just go ahead and recommend it with the knowledge that one of the team will FP if you can make the small adjustment :1smiley:

Re: (!)Rock You Like A Deeper Love (Aretha Franklin v Scorpi

Post Fri May 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Hey Pal, let's get a touch-up on this, shall we? :1rolleyes:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:51 am

satis5d wrote:Hey Pal, let's get a touch-up on this, shall we? :1rolleyes:
Sorry for the delay on this…I do intend to upload a new version...I will return to mashing soon.

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 pm

Okay. Version 1 is up with some timing fixes, among other subtle mix stuff I tweaked. I was hoping to do something more with the album art too, but I just don’t have the time right now. So, I hope this covers all the issues...

@DJFirth - Thanks for the high praise! Let me know when you’re ready and we can certainly talk about the remix! :1grin:

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:35 am

i love it too, i noticed a time issue at 1mn25s.

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Version 1 is a definite improvement. It's not lock-step with the beat, but I see what you're doing there. The Queen of Soul would not allow herself to be locked to the beat for an entire song, so there are places where she must be set free to show some "soul." In those previous trouble-spots, I feel that you've captured this essence of the Queen very well.

However, I will delay putting this on the FP for a few days to give others an opportunity to agree or disagree with my assessment.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:07 am

satis5d wrote:Version 1 is a definite improvement. It's not lock-step with the beat, but I see what you're doing there. The Queen of Soul would not allow herself to be locked to the beat for an entire song, so there are places where she must be set free to show some "soul." In those previous trouble-spots, I feel that you've captured this essence of the Queen very well.

Yes, you are correct. As the vocals come from a percapella, I had to preserve Aretha’s "soulful timing" to some degree to keep the beats together. Version 2 is up. I tightened up a few more spots this time…hope there are no more rough patches.

Post Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 pm

This masterpiece has been riding the pines for far too long. Let's give it some GLORY! :1grin:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>