[FP] Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day & The Time

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day & The Time

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:53 am

V3 is now on the OP, Fixed some timing issues with the instrumental as it wasn't warped to be on time, Thus this caused Gene to be off tempo, I moved Gene forward a little as in V2 he was behind the mental, Comment or Critique once you get the chance!

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:53 am

Yup I agree with everyone's off time / phrasing comment. The combo is great. Just needs to be in sync.

1 star User

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks to HCD for the help with the project, If it wasn't for his help then this mix would still be off, So thank you Sir, Also thanks to Angus for additional help via FB! Comment and Critique once you get the chance! Don't forget to check it out on Sowndhaus as well!

2 Star User

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:45 am

I am really feelin' it (the groove) @0:45 and on.
The KISS-guitar fits in great (if it is still the KISS).

You know the acronym KISS right (Keep It Stupid Simple).
I like how you always take on big things and keep on improving them, with multiple stems and so on, but sometimes simple is just enough (or: less is more).

Post Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:52 am

Significant improvement. Up until 2:20 I was very happy.

I suspect KISS is coming in too early at 2:20.

I'm more certain KiSS is coming in too early at 2:49. My guess: you want the strong beat and then offbeat "they call me" starts. "I got the cure" at 2:53 also feels early and sticks out but I think the problem is starting a few seconds earlier.

The first 2:20 is *so good* that you really want to nail down these last bits and end up with a classic with lots of replay value.

1 star User

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 pm

The final version has now been added to the OP, Fixes the timing issues after the 2:20 mark, Plus no Gene vocals during Prince or Ace's solo.

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:30 pm

The clean solos are very nice. That whole part just grooves and feels like it would keep the dance floor going.

Overall, I wouldn't say the timing is nailed down everywhere, but KISS wasn't exactly Boston either ... so I'm going for it. Nice job, dude!

1 star User

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Warezio wrote:The clean solos are very nice. That whole part just grooves and feels like it would keep the dance floor going.

Overall, I wouldn't say the timing is nailed down everywhere, but KISS wasn't exactly Boston either ... so I'm going for it. Nice job, dude!

Thanks for the Recommend!

Re: (!)Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day & The Ti

Post Wed May 01, 2019 5:33 pm

It's a good mix, but I can't Front-page it until the timing is tightened up a bit more. It's close. But sections like 1:54-2:05 are late enough that I can't enjoy the mashup until it's fixed. :1undecided:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Re: (!)Calling Dr. Jungle Love! KISS Vs. Morris Day & The Ti

Post Wed May 01, 2019 8:30 pm

The vocals that were out of time have now been edited out during that particular section, This new version is called Final Fixed Version, It should be to your liking, This is the last time thanks for the critique satis5'd.

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>