[FP] I Drove All My Life (Zara Larsson vs. Céline Dion)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP] I Drove All My Life (Zara Larsson vs. Céline Dion)

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:04 am

SMASH - I Drove All My Life (Zara Larsson vs. Céline Dion)

Instrumental: Zara Larsson - Ruin My Life (2018)
Vocals: Céline Dion - I Drove All Night (2003)

From the last Mashoff :1smiley:

No Flash Installed

Download

3 Star User

Re: I Drove All My Life (Zara Larsson vs. Céline Dion)

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:07 am

I liked this one, but wished you'd found a slightly pump up remix of the Zara Larsson track to lend some energy as I found the instru dragging the vocals at times and pulling them apart in energy terms. In fairness I like it more with every listen. I'm glad I only listened to it a couple of times b4 voting or I might have convinced myself to give you my vote :p

It's like it wanted snow patrol or coldplay subdued angst vocals, but got the full diva so just takes a bit of getting used to...Celine still makes me a bit weepie tho' - must be the male menopause coming on :1tongue:

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:55 am

I agree with SgtMash, this is a fine mix, but when I listened to it I just wanted it to build and go somewhere different.

Anyway, great track! The mix is great and it sounds super natural.

Si

3 Star User

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Using a remix would have been nice (the one by Steve James is quite nice). However, I think it's a bit hard because most of the time there is no instrumental version of them so you would have to DIY which will lower the quality or even let some background vocals / reverbs bleed through...

I think SMASH did a great job once again and created a catchy mash here! :1cool:

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:04 pm

DJ Dumpz wrote:I think SMASH did a great job once again and created a catchy mash here! :1cool:

+1 to that.

Just as a fun "what would it sound like?" comment: it feels like the last big note "night" in "I drove all _night_" wants to rise up (a 3rd? I'm not sure) at the end to give it a more powerful ending resolution (instead of what it does, which is drift down). That's messing with the original melody, but it really feels like it would work.

Of course I like it as-is.

1 star User

Re: (!)I Drove All My Life (Zara Larsson vs. Céline Dion)

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm

I like it. I voted for you :1wink:

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 pm

I remember listening to this during the mash-off, and approving :1smiley: , but for some reason the player is not working for me anymore :1huh:

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks, everyone, for the comments and thank you, Warezio, for the recommend :1grin:

I like how it sounds, this combination takes the original Dion's song to sound like a Ballad, give it a different interpretation :1wink:

MashGyver wrote:I remember listening to this during the mash-off, and approving :1smiley: , but for some reason the player is not working for me anymore :1huh:

Not sure why :1huh: don't have time to check, I put another link in the original post.

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:17 pm

I've replaced the link in the OP.

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:57 pm

I didn't vote for this one in the contest. Here's why.

There are a number of notes in this mix that are not technically wrong, but they are just such a letdown after these runs of incredible vocal-instrumental bliss. For example, the exceptional run from around 1:17 - 1:30 is offset by the "not ideal" notes at 1:32, 1:39 and 1:43. It's not that what happens between 1:31 and 1:44 is so bad, it's just that in comparison to what we hear at other times it sounds like a letdown to me.

That said, there are many moments of pure bliss in this mashup and it is definitely a recommend from me, despite my hangups with it.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>