(FP)CVS - Where Is the Boy (Black Eyed Peas vs. Beyonce)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(FP)CVS - Where Is the Boy (Black Eyed Peas vs. Beyonce)

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:40 am

sources:
Beyonce - If I Were A Boy (instrumental) F# Major
Black Eyed Peas - Where Is the Love (acapella) F Major

thanks Satis5d for your remarks on version 7
I fixed in version 8 the timing from 2:19 - 2:30 by making it slightly later.
Upped the master-volume with 1,1 dB (still 'keeping it digital green')

No Flash Installed

download-v8

remarks on newer versions
Thanks SMASH, I made a mistake in rendering version 6 (now deleted), I have made a new version 7 with the right key for the total vocal (= rap +chorus).
Thanks MashGyver for the recommend on version 5 and tips that I used in v6+7.
I put a graphic EQ on mental of 2,5 dB at 2,126 Hz upwards to 3,0 dB at 21.070 Hz to bring out the guitar and snare more. Also lowered (again) pella-volume a bit. Made a lot of small corrections in the pella-placement (almost all earlier) to make it tighter on the beat.
Thanks SgtMash, replaced small vocal bit @2:55 and put reverbtail on last chord, and made coverart based on your concertlighter comment and Bob Dylan's Before the Flood album.
Thanks Warezio, acapella is MUCH lower now in v4 and on, vocal went from -4,1 to -8,3 dB and I put 0,5 dB extra on mental.
comments on version 1
This is a CVS-mashup WITHOUT a reggae mental. :1wink:
Thanks to DJ Ouch for his help on the vocal starting point and his idea to reuse parts of the mental to get rid of the backing vocals of Beyonce.
Thanks to SgtMash for a new vocal-version, it seems to be the same as in v1.
I upped the vocal 1 semitone by speeding up in Audacity and cut out long hiss part.
It's a long mashup, but I think the positive not-so-much-repeating lyric of BEP deserves that. There are a lot of cuts in the vocal anyway, and I put the vocals a tiny bit later at the two points SgtMash mentioned, and in other places as well. Version 2 got lost.

---------------------------
to compare old versions below:
to compare version 7 thanks Smash

No Flash Installed

version 6 - thanks to MashGyver more mid + high in mental, pella softer and a bit earlier in lots of places. I deleted v6.
to compare version 5 - thanks to SgtMash vocal replaced @2:55 and reverb-tail on last chord.

No Flash Installed

to compare version 4 - thanks to Warezio vocal at -8,3 and mental at -5,5

No Flash Installed

to compare version 3 before Warezio: vocal at -4,1 and mental at -6,0

No Flash Installed

to compare version 1 (earlier pella, 1 semi up with Elastique Pitch)

No Flash Installed

Last edited by CVS on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:08 am, edited 14 times in total.

3 Star User

Re: CVS - Where Is the Boy (Black Eyed Peas vs. Beyonce)

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:08 pm

Comes in slightly early at 2:19, can't decide if it catches itself back up or not...also maybe check around 1:19 as it had my ears wondering if it was very slightly in front of the beat, but wasn't sure.

Makes a nice pair - would be nice if there was a better pella, but it's not trash, just a few artifacts. I pm'd you the only one I have and think it's possibly the same source, but worth a check xx

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks SgtMash, I fixed those two points, there was a very slight difference.
Plus I used your vocal, but it seems the same, even if it is maybe a different recording.

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:51 am

Loving the chilled out feeling of this. The vocals really do harmonize nicely.

Great job!

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 pm

This one is generating good vibes in my house, but the vocals are a bit too loud. Mix them lower just a bit (1-2db) and you'll get my recommend.

2 Star User

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 am

@Warezio, thanks, but don't tell me the 'young ones' in your house like it ? Great.
I lowered the vocal-volume (vovo), a lot more than you suggested, in the O.P.

I had 'lastmashupperitis', that is: overcompensating the mistakes from my own last three mashups, that all had too soft pellas in early versions. (all corrected now).
Last edited by CVS on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 am

Loving this combo
great job :1cool:

3 Star User

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:27 am

All this sexytimes atm... this is a beaut on re-listen and either I had sensitive ears the 1st time round, or the vocals now seem to give way less artifacts.

Only thing I twitched at a bit at now was 2:55 ish that retune. idk what happens there, but could just not use that bit and re-use 2:4x where is the loves instead. If you want to be mega picky maybe you could add some reverb on the very last guitar/bass chord so it rings on for a couple seconds and tails out as tiny bit abrupt, but we're talking mr picky there, but I like emotional songs to give me a moment to dab the tears from my eyes before they finish.

Picky points aside this sounds gr8 to me - it's a real swaying at a concert with your lighter in the air track; although I believe young peeps now sway to emotional tracks at concerts holding their phone up with the flashlight on...such progress - shaddup u old man :1tongue:

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm

That's beautiful and blends really well! Sounds like an original to me :1smiley: Actually I like it better than both of the original songs

2 Star User

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:23 am

Thanks for all the compliments and tips guys, new version 5 is up (thanks to SgtMash) in O.P. with spot-pitch-replacement @2:55 (kept Fergie) and reverbtail on last chord.

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>