Everybody's Talkin' (Harry Nilsson vs P. Oakenfold & Shifty)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Everybody's Talkin' (Harry Nilsson vs P. Oakenfold & Shifty)

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:03 am

Note that the full name of this track should be "DJ Matty B - Everybody's Talkin' (Harry Nilsson vs. Paul Oakenfold & Shifty Shellshock)". That name wouldn't come close to fitting in the subject bar, heh.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eksn9voa4goxx31/Matt%20Boland%20vs.%20Harry%20Nilsson%20%28ft.%20Paul%20Oakenfold%20%26%20Shifty%20Shellshock%29%20-%20Everybody%27s%20Talkin%27.mp3?dl=0

Re: Everybody's Talkin' (Harry Nilsson vs P. Oakenfold & Shi

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Welcome to Mashstix, MattyB :1smiley:

Please read this post for how to submit your mashup:
http://www.mashstix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1721

As for your track, both sources are at the same key (E Major I assume) and they do have the same baseline musically, so I believe they can work together. However, it sounds like you were cutting some parts from the original songs and just place one after the other, as a result, your transitions are not sound smooth and it doesn't sound like one big piece.

A good start might be, searching for, let say, the instrumental from Paul Oakenfold and the acapella from Harry Nilsson, and put one on top the other, of course, you will have to adjust the acapella BPM to feet the instrumental, maybe playing with EQ on the acapella, use some reverb and delay (and more). It's not easy, but it's a start, sometimes it pays off :1wink:

Hope I helped a bit :1smiley:

Re: Everybody's Talkin' (Harry Nilsson vs P. Oakenfold & Shi

Post Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Matty B, welcome to Mashstix! :1smiley:

I listened to your Dropbox link and I have to agree with SMASH. Your mashup "style" here sounds like what we used to do back in the 80's by cutting and taping strips of audio cassette ribbon together. It's a legitimate method, but it's SOOOOO hard to make it sound authentic. Today we have much better tools, so there's no excuse for making the mix sound like it has hard cuts as the one you posted here.

Please let us know what DAW (digital audio workstation - software usually) you are using so we can give you some pointers on how to avoid those hard cuts.

Thanks for submitting. :1cool:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>