Bishounen From China (Thirty Seconds To Mars vs Various)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

Bishounen From China (Thirty Seconds To Mars vs Various)

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Happy Valentine Day Everyone! And what best way to celebrate it than a mashup that talks about misfortunate non-corresponded loves? :1smiley:

BTW! Bishounen = Term used in Japan to define "Beautiful Men" in Anime, hence the mashup name. :1grin:

Coldplay ft Rihanna - Princess Of China (DIY Vocals made by myself)
Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man (vocals)
Thirty Seconds To Mars - Beautiful Lie (instrumental and some vocals)

No Flash Installed

DL It Here!
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Re: Bishounen From China (Thirty Seconds To Mars vs Various)

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:59 pm

There are a lot of things to like about this mashup. I think that the 3 sources work well together to create an overall enjoyable experience. However, there are some quality issues that hold this one back.

1. There are some timing issues with Bruno which lead to harmonic conflicts. Not sure if shifting those parts would solve the problem, but it's worth a look.
2. Both Bruno and Rihanna sound like you're using a DIY acapella at times, which is less than ideal.
3. My biggest concern is that the vocals don't match the instrumental well. They both sound too dry and raw compared to that slick instrumental. I think with some reverb and effects the entire mashup would sound much better.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: Bishounen From China (Thirty Seconds To Mars vs Various)

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:43 am

satis5d wrote:There are a lot of things to like about this mashup. I think that the 3 sources work well together to create an overall enjoyable experience. However, there are some quality issues that hold this one back.

1. There are some timing issues with Bruno which lead to harmonic conflicts. Not sure if shifting those parts would solve the problem, but it's worth a look.
2. Both Bruno and Rihanna sound like you're using a DIY acapella at times, which is less than ideal.
3. My biggest concern is that the vocals don't match the instrumental well. They both sound too dry and raw compared to that slick instrumental. I think with some reverb and effects the entire mashup would sound much better.

I agree with all points.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>