(FP)Heavy Dirty Overload(21 Pilots Vs Gui Boratto)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(FP)Heavy Dirty Overload(21 Pilots Vs Gui Boratto)

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Heavy Dirty Overload(21 Pilots Vs Gui Boratto)

Vocal: twenty one pilots: Heavydirtysoul | https://youtu.be/r_9Kf0D5BTs
Instrumental: Gui Boratto & Luciana Villanova - Overload (ANII Remix) | https://youtu.be/xpW2AQySWJg

21 Pilots's going all melodic :) subtle tickling to take some intensity out of the shouty vocals and a few other echo/verby/EQ sprinkles and not a lot else.

V.1

No Flash Installed

V.2 | Reverse reverb & timing fix on the 21 P's coming in

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/pouugozaljecbi ... ots%29.mp3
Last edited by SgtMash on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

(!)Re: Heavy Dirty Overload(21 Pilots Vs Gui Boratto)

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:30 pm

When 21P first came in it was a bit jarring (@ 0:26). Maybe some reverse echo would smooth the transition. Once it warms up it is quite nice. The vocal effects are well done.

2 Star User

Re: (!)Heavy Dirty Overload(21 Pilots Vs Gui Boratto)

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:05 am

Warezio wrote:When 21P first came in it was a bit jarring (@ 0:26). Maybe some reverse echo would smooth the transition. Once it warms up it is quite nice

I thought it was a bit of a 'surprise' spitting lyric start. I flirted with an "gangsters don't cry" soft build repeat to introduce the rap/ get the ear ready to expect the rap spitting, but hadn't nailed it, so I'll def give this a try later :)

ty for the recommend

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:30 am

I'm not a huge fan of the instrumental. I wish there was a little more movement in the progression. That said, it still has a good vibe to it. The vocal effects are a nice fit here.

I agree with Warezio about the 0:26. The first word may come in a few ms early making if feel rushed and abrupt. I also think it just needs some entry effect to warm the ears up to it. I would recommend a reverse delay. Similar to Nicky Minajs part here but much longer delay feedback.
phpBB [media]

2 Star User

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:33 am

Happy Cat Disco wrote:I agree with Warezio about the 0:26. The first word may come in a few ms early making if feel rushed and abrupt.

You are bang on. There's an accidental warp marker right at the start - removed it and the vocal springs back into line and sounds a lot better.

And V.2 up top^^ has the reverse reverb (never used/created it b4 so that's a nice learning moment right there) and timing fix. Sounds much nicer now! Great advice - have you guys done this before? :1tongue:

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 pm

SgtMash wrote:You are bang on. There's an accidental warp marker right at the start - removed it and the vocal springs back into line and sounds a lot better.

Yep huge improvement.

Re: (FP)Heavy Dirty Overload(21 Pilots Vs Gui Boratto)

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:15 am

This fix is good. The instrumental has grown on my the more I heard it.

2 Star User

Re: (FP)Heavy Dirty Overload(21 Pilots Vs Gui Boratto)

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Great mix SgtMash, you turned Gui's 'minimal techno' into maximum fun.
I like the reversed reverb on the reversed 2-3 words of the vocal, if that is what you did.
I will try this Ableton Live thingy myself, version 10 seems a good number to jump back in.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>