[FP] Time's Evolving(Seba Vs Ellie Mai)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

[FP] Time's Evolving(Seba Vs Ellie Mai)

Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Time's Evolving(Seba Vs Ellie Mai)

Vocals: The Evolving Music Video, starring Ella Mai | https://youtu.be/UlLspMj0SUE
Instrumental: Seba - Time Will Tell | https://youtu.be/AYb_8z_2JUk

A straight up Liquid D-n-Bootie vocal edit from a random clicked link on Reddit to this grammy thingy: http://grammysevolving.com

Hope someone fancies sticking it in their DnB box for club night.

V.1

No Flash Installed

V.2 | Minor edits, mainly EQ/Delay/Verb

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9qrhciiyg1vzw4 ... dit%29.mp3
Last edited by SgtMash on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

2 Star User

Re: Seba - Time Will Tell (SgtMash's Ellie Mai Vocal Edit)

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Nice work sgt! :1cool:
I was heavily in to DnB some years ago, but i never heard any of your sources before! :1rolleyes:

If i would be nit picking.. Your vocal track is way to perfect, it should have some reverb, distortion and maybe some more echo on the vocal endings :1undecided:
This is Very well done, it could easily be an original in my ears, BRAVO!

3 Star User

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Dj-Legato wrote:If i would be nit picking.. Your vocal track is way to perfect, it should have some reverb, distortion and maybe some more echo on the vocal endings :1undecided:

Well I'm trying for relaxed vocal Liquid DnB, not a Jump Up club banger, so I'm deliberately keeping the vocals clean, but I have added some more detail to the delay/verb on phrases landing into gaps as I do get what you are saying re:vocal endings.

TY for the feedback & kinda words - always like to think I dig around for something a little different for peeps to enjoy if I can <3

V.2 Up Top^^ | some minor edits, EQ & verb/delay changes

1 star User

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Just the right amount of reverb! Vocals remain very clean and crisp, but lend the track a more ethereal quality now.

Stylistic note here, and maybe this shows how unfamiliar with D&B, but the 2nd half of your track feels a little empty. I get that you want at least 8 bars free to let the DJ transfer songs, but a full 2 minutes seems excessive. I guess I just want more of those vocals, you did a bitchin job mashing them!

3 Star User

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 pm

DJ SecondChance wrote:Stylistic note here, and maybe this shows how unfamiliar with D&B, but the 2nd half of your track feels a little empty. I get that you want at least 8 bars free to let the DJ transfer songs, but a full 2 minutes seems excessive.

Yea I have delusions of this playing out in da club & Dj's using the huuuge outro to bring the next track in in some totally funky manner :)

I'll do a mash cut for here maybe with a 8 or 16 bar outro - I'll wait in case there's anything else ppl suggest 1st - thanks for the feedback.

Re: Time's Evolving(Seba Vs Ellie Mai)

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Sweetness! No complaints here. :1cool:

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: (!) Time's Evolving(Seba Vs Ellie Mai)

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:58 pm

Version 2 sounds great to me as well :1cool:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>