Soon You'll Give Love A Bad Name (Sia vs. Bon Jovi)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

Soon You'll Give Love A Bad Name (Sia vs. Bon Jovi)

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:45 pm

SMASH - Soon You'll Give Love A Bad Name (Sia vs. Bon Jovi)

Instrumental: Sia - Soon We'll Be Found
Vocals: Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name

From the last Mashoff with some fixes :1smiley:

V3

No Flash Installed

Download

2 Star User

Re: Soon You'll Give Love A Bad Name (Sia vs. Bon Jovi)

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 am

I almost voted for this, but there is a sync problem.. !

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:29 am

Dj-Legato wrote:I almost voted for this, but there is a sync problem.. !

Thanks for the feedback and for almost voting for me :1smiley:

Funny you said that, I spent a lot to sync the sources, I'll be happy if you can point them out, thanks :1wink:

3 Star User

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:31 pm

I love the idea behind this, but it really feels as if the vocals are not fully on spot from the first chorus on. This got better on my second listen so I'm unsure if it is actually a problem or somehow the "fresh" ear gets fooled here. :1undecided:
Let's wait for other opinions on this one... :1wink:

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 pm

DJ Dumpz wrote:I love the idea behind this, but it really feels as if the vocals are not fully on spot from the first chorus on. This got better on my second listen so I'm unsure if it is actually a problem or somehow the "fresh" ear gets fooled here. :1undecided:
Let's wait for other opinions on this one... :1wink:

Thanks for the comment, Dumpz, it was hard sources to mash, but I think the result is good enough though, I would like to hear more opinions please :1smiley:

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:25 am

SMASH, I love this concept and the sound of this mashup…It’s like Jon Bon Jovi singing an emotional lullaby in a Broadway musical. :1tongue: Artistically it’s brilliant and a lot of it is just beautiful to listen to, but it’s still lacking some polish in my opinion.

As far as the rhythm goes, you’re mashing a straight 4/4 vocal over a 3/4 waltzy instrumental. It’ll be torture, but you may have go in and warp Every. Single. Phrase. to get it right. Now would be the time to use a grid to map your beats, or just study the waveforms to line up syllables with beats. You’ll probably have to really shift the phrasing of some parts, and cut them into pieces, and it’ll be a ton of work, but the result may just be worth it.

The mix also lacks a little something--I can’t quite put my finger on it. The vocals seem to lack some mids and bass, but that might be lacking from the acapella itself. I think you also need some echoes (you’re the Master Of Echoes, SMASH!), especially during the verses, when the soundscape seems very empty, and the vocals seem to stop too abruptly. It doesn’t sound like you need any more reverb, though.

I hear the note(s) you’ve changed to fit. Great work there. The “whoa”s in the pre-chorus aren’t perfectly in harmony, but the pre-chorus wraps up so perfectly they’re easy to forgive.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:29 am

Thanks for your deep analysis, MG, I really appreciate your opinion, I've learned a lot in the past 3 years or so, by only reading your tips and comments :1smiley:

Unfortunately, this mashup has been released to the public already together with a video clip, so I guess I missed the train for that one :1undecided:

Post Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 pm

SMASH wrote:Thanks for your deep analysis, MG, I really appreciate your opinion, I've learned a lot in the past 3 years or so, by only reading your tips and comments :1smiley:

Unfortunately, this mashup has been released to the public already together with a video clip, so I guess I missed the train for that one :1undecided:
Fair enough. If you change your mind, I don’t think there’s shame in going back and releasing a “remash” at some point…but maybe you’ve had enough of this one. Sometimes it’s best to just move on to the next one…no harm either way!

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>