Ghostbustin (In The Jungle) Ray Parker Jr. Vs Guns N Roses

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: Ghostbustin (In The Jungle) Ray Parker Jr. Vs Guns N Ros

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 pm

Version 9 is now on the OP, Tried to better align the synths to the WTTJ Song, I have redone the vocal timing went back and listened to the original GB Track to get a good sense of where the vocals should be placed, Comment and critique once you get the chance I don't care what it takes I will get this right!

1 star User

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:25 am

Version 10 has now been added to the OP, Credit to Angus for the repitching of the synths, Wonderful job Brother!, I also put the synths in the appropriate spot when listening to Angus mixdown of the original WTTJ with the GHostbusters Synths, Comment and Critique once you get the chance thanks!

2 Star User

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:18 am

Rayman, my compliments for your determinedness and persistence. If you believe you can, or can NOT do a specific mashup, in both cases you will be right. To look on the bright side, the thread already has over 1.300 views ! :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:53 pm

V11 is now on the OP, It should fix the vocals now as Angus mentioned via FB they were in between 100-200 Milliseconds late, This will be the last version and comment and critique once you get the chance!

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:37 am

Replaced the link to V11, With a brand new mixdown should fix all the problems, Credit to Talk Hard Productions from Sowndhaus for the help with getting everything in order, Thanks and comment and critique once you get the chance.

1 star User

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:26 am

Well this is the last one, Know I have said that a lot sorry for all of the multitudes of versions but sometimes it takes quite a lot to get it right, I think I am done with the jungle, Comment and critique once you get the chance.

3 Star User

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:22 am

Lots of the tuning sorted, but the Ghost Busters synths in the intro are dragging and I'm not convinced they're not slightly ooky still. Wherever you use instrumental elements from GB it gets a little challenging imo.

100% better than it was, but there's still some timing issues: most noticable is 1:48 and the tuning's ooky too, but more or less comes back at 1:52 and the break section adlibs around 3:07 - 3:2x. Also idk what that little guitar strum at 3:47 is bit it sounds off; I bet that's actually just GnR screwing up in the original recording knowing my luck/ past history of comments ;))

If I was you I'd take what I learnt here move on (possibly pick an easier mental too!) I think by the time you fix it entirely (which given the improvement you could) you'll have very little Ghostbusters left.

I look at every Mash I've abandoned or didn't end up where I could hear in my head as training for the next and the more work you put in the more you get out regardless of the end result. Sometimes it's ok to just move on.End old man's life advice :1tongue:

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>