Ghostbustin (In The Jungle) Ray Parker Jr. Vs Guns N Roses

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: Ghostbustin (In The Jungle) Ray Parker Jr. Vs Guns N Ros

Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:16 am

V5 is now on the OP, Fixed some timing issues with the first and second verses still might have quite a ways to go before everything is perfect and pristine, Comment and Critique once you get the chance thanks again!

1 star User

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:30 am

V6 is now on the OP it's similar to V5 except with a little surprise during the outro, Along with some repitched synths, Comment and Critique once you get the chance!

1 star User

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:39 am

Bumped

3 Star User

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:22 am

Think I'd kill the Ghostbusters instrumental bits just for now, till you get the vocal lead spot on - might find it easier to make progress, but:

43sec - 1.10 sounds pretty well in time & sits pretty well, then it starts to drag the tempo & run behind the beat Vs GnR from 1.12 (runnin through your head) and gets cumulatively further behind up to the guitar solo...I'd get rid of the vocal overlap with the GnR vocals here too.

Then the instrumental Ghostbusters is a really jarring with the guitar solo, which is busy anyway so even once the vocal's sorted I'd leave it out here.

The "I ain't afraid of no ghost" shoutouts needs moving to match the instrumental, but I can't say exactly how until the offbeat Ghostbusters keys are gone (for now at least) for clarity.

"If you're all alone" at 1.50 should come in and carry on from 1.46 with the drop out of the guitar solo into the verse I think, then the rest should fall into place too probably.

I'd fix up to there for timing - stripped back to just the lead vocal and the few shoutouts in the guitar solo, then move onto the second half with what you got from the 1st half.

Then once you got all the basic timings down you are gonna want a MashGyver type to tell you how to bring the two better into the same sound space as atm they sound very separated from each other.

It's not as much work as it looks 'cos wall of text, but it is gonna be a labour of love. I can hear the end result tho and think if you've got the stamina it'll be well worthwhile <3

Hope that helps :1rolleyes: I'm Not trying to change the artistic content, put it all back in bit by bit if you hear it that way, but just try to clear up / add stuff one element at a time kinda thing would probably be wise I think.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:29 am

Okay. Improvement noted! Some more notes to add to SgtMash’s (some probably the exact same things!)...

0:33 Ghostbuster synth horns still come in too early. I wouldn’t bring them in until after the main riff drops and (I think) a beat and a half into that, somewhere more around 0:35.

First verse sounds great! That should be your model here for the rest of the track.

1:18 I would loop the riff again so you can finish the second verse before Axl comes in. This is the overlap SgtMash is referring to that could be avoided altogether.

I like the synths during the first solo, although they are a bit ahead of the beat.

SgtMash is spot-on about the third verse (“If you’re…”) should come in before the downbeat of the third verse. Third verse also needs the same loop treatment as the other two verses.

2:15 Having the vocals overlap there isn’t working for me. And I’m not even sure if you’ve got Ray in the right key there... :1undecided: but again I do like the “who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!” right before going into the solo. I would leave the synths out there and during the ensuing solo also, as the key changes so much and it does start to be too much.

There is a noticeable cut/transition at 3:03-3:04.

The 3:10 breakdown, rather than vocals there, you might consider using the spooky breakdown from the original Ghostbusters track…just a creative suggestion.

I think, mix-wise, the whole GnR track just needs to come up a lot in volume. I think it would solve a lot of your mix issues, such as the “not in the same sound space” problem that the Sarge mentioned...

1 star User

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback Sarge and Angus, I will work on getting this fixed.

1 star User

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:32 pm

V7 is now on the OP, The fixes will be listed below.

Raised GNR Instrumental by 3 Decibels.
Looped the riff during the 2nd verse no Axl essentially thus no vocal overlap issues.
Fixed some transition issues shortly before the outro.
Added the breakdown section from GB in the WTTJ Outro, No Ray Vocals until almost the ending.
Removed Ray's vocal during bridge letting Axl handle the Bridge instead, Ray had vocal overlap so he had to be edited out.
Fixed timing issues of the intro synth as it comes in shortly after the main Ab Mixo Riff.
Fixed timing of 2nd verse using the 1st verse as a reference.
Third verse has been fixed as well.
Also fixed the chorus.

Comment or Critique once you get the chance, I really hope 7th time is the charm lol, Thanks Again and have a good one!

1 star User

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:16 pm

Bumped

Post Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:32 am

The keys is mostly good. The synth and vocals is out of time at 1:41. The synth is out of key at 2:41 and 2:55. 3:06 vocals are out of key as well.

I suggest giving it a critical listen as re-time any of the off beat stuff. Pretty much anything after 1:41 need a critical timing check.

As for the mix, It feels like the vocals aren't siting in the same space as Jungle vocals (too loud) but that can be addressed once all the other issues are taken care off.

1 star User

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:03 am

Version 8 is now on the OP, Sorry I was late internet was down for 4-5 days then it got fixed, Contacted Angus via FB credit to him for changing the synths to match the WTTJ key changes, I also fixed the vocal key and timing and edited out some things I thought were unnecessary, Anyway comment and critique once you get the chance!

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>