(FP)[EXPL] Keep Their Heads Checkin' Out (Eagles vs Dr. Dre)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(FP)[EXPL] Keep Their Heads Checkin' Out (Eagles vs Dr. Dre)

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:41 am

sources
The Eagles - Hotel Cali (hey, ho) acapella, speeded up a lot, pitch changed independently
Dr. Dre - Keep Their Heads Ringing (instrumental)

version 2 post-SgtMash
Thanks SgtMash for your critical ears.
Vocals like you mentioned start a bit earlier, now @0:05,4 and @0:42,5 and are now in line with the rest of the vocals. They got their place in version 1 because of the bell-joke, but they are now consistent with the rest of the track, and the 'surprise' is still there.
I cut out BV you mentioned; re-used 'f-ace' to cover the 'pl-ace' cutoff (because the backing vocals overlap slightly).
You seemed to write that after a few listens it bothered you too much. Or was it the other way round? Anyway, I fixed them and version 2 sounds better.
I simplified vocal outro by leaving out middle repeat and softened remaining parts a LOT at -8,9 dB and -18,1 dB compared to the rest of vocal extra's I made from small bits of the original.
Mental outro (the orginal fade out) is now a few seconds longer, to give vocal some room to breathe out.
Found out that with the A1stereocontrol plugin I can put the widening effect on JUST the side and did that on 125%. Larger than large, broader than Broadway !

No Flash Installed

download-version-2

to compare below version 1:

No Flash Installed

comments on version 1: (pre-Sgt Mash)
Two songs I love and know well.
Made repeat-edits of the Eagles' 'huh'.
Threw in some 'he said, she said' to change the meaning of the lyric.
Hope you smile @0:32 and @2:21
Made new outro vocal, reminding me that each mashup project has to stop sometime.
Last edited by CVS on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: CVS - Keep Their Heads Checkin' Out (Eagles vs Dr. Dre)

Post Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 pm

I definitely DID smile at 0:32... very nice! :1cool:

It's a repetitious instrumental and a very frequently-used acapella, but for me this sounded like a fresh mix. I recommend.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

3 Star User

Re: (!) [EXPL] Keep Their Heads Checkin' Out (Eagles vs Dr.

Post Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:56 am

Nice Hip-Hop beat mash - I can imagine it playing well into a DJ set my head was bobbing along.

The vocal dropping in at odd no. bar repeat threw me a little, and the backing vocals repeat of "such a lovely place"[2:25] is OOKY to my ears (could just cut it) - although I reckon a few more listens and it would bother me too much.

Shame you couldn't end the instrumental on a bass downbeat and echo that and the stop vocals as you seem to have got both a fade ending and an abrupt end to the vocal which tweaked my ears a bit.

2 Star User

Re: (!) [EXPL] Keep Their Heads Checkin' Out (Eagles vs Dr.

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:08 am

Thanks SgtMash (I have trouble keeping artistnames apart, sorry) for your comments, I had some trouble decyphering them, fixes are in OP.

Re: (FP)[EXPL] Keep Their Heads Checkin' Out (Eagles vs Dr.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:07 pm

That's some good mashing. :1cool:

2 Star User

Re: (FP)[EXPL] Keep Their Heads Checkin' Out (Eagles vs Dr.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:35 pm

Thanks all for your comments and the frontpage !

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>