(FP) Oasis Vs. The Bee Gees

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(FP) Oasis Vs. The Bee Gees

Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:24 am

I was listening to a song I discovered a day or two ago it was from 1987 a song called You Win Again by The Bee Gees literally had at on repeat a lot of times hah, So I figured why not fuse it together with Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis!

Reverb EQ and Delay were added to Noel's voice along with the guitar solo to blend into the instrumental a little better.

Sources Used
The Bee Gees You Win Again Karaoke Instrumental and Original Song.
Oasis Don't Look Back In Anger Acapella and Guitar Solo towards the end

V1

No Flash Installed

Download
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 189962.mp3

V2 Fixed Key of Vocal

No Flash Installed

Download V2
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 573908.mp3

V3 Fixed Cents of Vocal and timing

No Flash Installed

Download V3
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 678058.mp3

V4

No Flash Installed

Download V4
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 452087.mp3

Download V5
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 537831.mp3

V5

No Flash Installed

Last edited by TheRayMan on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Oasis Vs. The Bee Gees

Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Very good pair RayMan. Just a few fixes and this will get my recommend. :1smiley:

The vocals are late after 2:42. You'll need to tighten up the sync there.
The vocals are a few cents off key. I'm talking like 8-15 cents off. Very minor. I'm not sure if they are - or + off pitch.

Save a copy of your session you have a back up of this version, and give those fixes a try. If you can't hear the pitch issues then consider send us the vocals only (after the timing sync is fixed) and we will pitch correct it using our fancy autotune tools.

Good mashin

1 star User

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Fixed the key of the vocal and fixed the timing issue towards the end of the mix, Comment and Critique once you get the chance! Thanks Again!

Post Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:37 am

The part after 2:45 is out of key now. Maybe another mod can help figure this out.

Post Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:42 am

I like the idea, RayMan :1smiley:

I feel like the first verse and maybe part of the first chorus are OOT, it sounds a bit early to my ears, the second verse sounds good though.

Happy Cat Disco wrote:The part after 2:45 is out of key now

Agreed.

Something is not working for me from 2:32 till 2:55, Oasis's vocals sound wired throughout that part.
Also, I'm not sure if the guitar solo at the end fits well, it sounds a bit crowded :1undecided:

As I said, the idea is good, it just needs the magic touch :1wink:

1 star User

Post Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:15 pm

SMASH wrote:I like the idea, RayMan :1smiley:

I feel like the first verse and maybe part of the first chorus are OOT, it sounds a bit early to my ears, the second verse sounds good though.

Agreed.

Something is not working for me from 2:32 till 2:55, Oasis's vocals sound wired throughout that part.
Also, I'm not sure if the guitar solo at the end fits well, it sounds a bit crowded :1undecided:

How many semitones should I adjust it by then?

1 star User

Post Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:50 pm

TheRayMan wrote:
SMASH wrote:I like the idea, RayMan :1smiley:

Agreed.

How many semitones should I adjust it by then?

Given my trial and error approach, the -0.25 to -0.75 semitone range is a good starting point.

Post Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:07 am

I think you’re really onto something here, RayMan! Haven’t heard this BeeGees song, but I like the instrumental! The chords seem to fit nicely, but the timing still needs work. Most of the verse lines come in about the right place but seem to finish a bit too early, as if they’re a bit too fast. And the chorus seems to start a beat or two later than it should. :1huh:

As far as the key, I’m not sure what happened to V2, but 2:38 and after was fine on V1; it’s all over the place in V2. :1huh: The instrumental sounds like it just jumps up one semitone there. As far as the pitch, I would run the vocals through Melodyne and see if you can’t tighten up the tuning. Mr. Gallagher sounds a little sharp to me, but I better Melodyne will do a better job than I can at identifying that more closely.

The vocals also seem mono and don’t sit right in the mix as a result. Try adding a wide stereo delay to add some illusion of width. I don’t mind the guitar solo in a crowded part of the song--I just wish it stood out a bit more, or stood out a bit less…e.g. Treble it up a bit and pan it off the right a bit, or bathe it in reverb and send it to the back of the stage. There are lots of treatments you could give the guitar there to help the mix feel less crowded. But musically I think the guitar sounds fine.

Nice work, RayMan. Looking forward to hearing this one come together.

1 star User

Post Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 pm

V3 is now on the original post, Noel was singing outside of the key alot so I had to Melodyne quite a lot of notes drag them back in key so to speak, Also fixed the timing of the first verse and first chorus, Comment and give feedback once you give the chance! Also added Stereo Width to Noel's vocal.

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:03 am

Everything is getting better, although the vocals still seem a bit sharp on average. A lot of them are pretty close. I wonder what it would sound like if you brought them all down 20¢...

The timing is still not where it needs to be. The tempo seems about right, but I feel like “slip” from the first line ought to land on beat #1 like it does in the original. The “Soooo” in the chorus ought to land on beat #1 as well. The second verse and chorus actually sound perfect to me--just do exactly that for the rest of the song!

As far as the width goes, I did a quick YouTube search and found these:
phpBB [media]

…Nice and wide…I think it’s a better idea to start with the stereo version than to try to widen a mono version...

Chorus at 2:33 is also late and the key change is still screwed up thereafter... :1huh:

Did you give up on the guitar solo? It was nice!

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>