Thrill ''O'' The Times Prince Vs Michael Jackson

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Thrill ''O'' The Times Prince Vs Michael Jackson

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:20 am

I have been wanting to fuse these two together for awhile now not much else to say.

Sources Used
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers 1978 Movie Ending Scene
MJ Thriller Official Instrumental with Backing Vocals
Prince SOTT Phonicmind Acapella

No Flash Installed

DL
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 189366.mp3

V2 With Some Sott Guitar played by CalumRobertson from Fiverr.

No Flash Installed

DL
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 778228.mp3

V3 Fixed Vocal (Decreased by 2 decibels)

No Flash Installed

DL
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 295114.mp3

V4 New Instrumental Mixdown features original outro, Plus more MJ and Vincent Price towards the end.

DL
https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 001276.mp3

No Flash Installed

Last edited by TheRayMan on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Thrill ''O'' The Times Prince Vs Michael Jackson

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:27 pm

hi RM ! i like the idea & the combo, but IMO i think you can do better with the structure.

1 star User

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:25 pm

DRA'man wrote:hi RM ! i like the idea & the combo, but IMO i think you can do better with the structure.

This will be fixed in V2, As there are times where the verses are being sung in a chorus section, Thanks for the critique.

1 star User

Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:26 pm

I am moving on to something else.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:18 pm

I agree with DRA'man. They idea is there but you would have to structure a verse chorus phrasing. I not sure this will work with the vocal you have chosen.
They do compliment each other well rhythmically though. I can see why you have paired them.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:20 pm

TheRayMan wrote:I am moving on to something else.
I do hope you are coming back to this one. It’s quite a good combo. But as the others have pointed out, SotT has an odd structure and you’ll have to make some creative decisions about how to make this work. You could potentially line up the Thriller choruses with the “time” parts of SotT, which there are a ton of so you’d have to do quite a bit of editing, or eliminate the Thriller chorus altogether and edit the “zombie dance break” section over the “time” parts, if that makes sense. You could even do a combination of both of those, like every other chorus. And I’m sure there are other ideas out there, but hopefully that gives you something to start with...

1 star User

Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 am

As I like the music better than Michael's vocals, I would have no problem editing out most of the sung bits, and repeating the already instrumental parts in Thriller. The zombie break starts around 4:40. Usually I put all different parts (in blocks of 4, 8, 16) on separate tracks, sometimes even with their own color to easily see the (new) structure.
Overlapping these blocks can help you edit out vocals in for instance block 4 (in a block where 1,2,3,5,6,7,8 are already pure instrumental). A bit like using a mask in Photoshop.

In the intro I hear a very long stretched (Paulstretch?) song known in Dutch as "waarheen, waarvoor" played a lot on Dutch funerals, so that fits in nicely with the Halloween theme of Thriller (and maybe SoTT looking at its lyrics as well). So that gives you a few more days to finish this mashup just-in-time for Halloween. Keep on keepin' on.

1 star User

Post Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:36 pm

V2 is now on the OP, Features a different structure then before as the chorus has been replaced by the zombie breakdown section also includes some Guitar playing by CalumRobertson he tried his best to match Sott's guitar tone, I highly advise you look him up on Fiverr if you need any guitar work done!

Comment and Critique once you get the chance thanks again!

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Version 2 is working well, but I think the vocal is a bit too loud and not sitting nicely inside the mix :1undecided:

1 star User

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:11 pm

SMASH wrote:Version 2 is working well, but I think the vocal is a bit too loud and not sitting nicely inside the mix :1undecided:

I Will turn it down by a decibel or two come Version 3. Thanks for the critique!

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>