(FP) Hung Up In Dreamscape (DJ Dado, Winn vs. Madonna)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

(FP) Hung Up In Dreamscape (DJ Dado, Winn vs. Madonna)

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:45 am

SMASH - Hung Up In Dreamscape (DJ Dado, Winn vs. Madonna)

Instrumental: DJ Dado - Dreamscape 2016 (Winn Sunrise Remix)
Vocals: Madonna - Hung Up (2005)

I made this one for Madonna's birthday (60 :1shocked: ), do you think she's going to like it?
At lease I hope you will :1wink:

V2

No Flash Installed

Download

Re: Hung Up In Dreamscape (DJ Dado, Winn vs. Madonna)

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 am

I love the "Smash mashup" intro. So professional! And the rest of the mix sounds like an original track.

SMASH wrote:I made this one for Madonna's birthday (60 ), do you think she's going to like it?

She should, it's a crowd pleaser that helps her stay current.

Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:35 pm

warezio wrote:I love the "Smash mashup" intro. So professional! And the rest of the mix sounds like an original track.

SMASH wrote:I made this one for Madonna's birthday (60 ), do you think she's going to like it?

She should, it's a crowd pleaser that helps her stay current.

Thanks for the comment, happy you like it :1grin:

Post Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:04 pm

I like this a lot. That instrumental is fantastic!
There are 2 things holding me back from recommending it.

1. It sounds to me that Madonna's vocals aren't perfectly lined up before "Time goes by..." at about 0:30. There's no percussion there which makes it tricky.
2. It's a bit long and Madonna could use a change-up. Perhaps a couple of DJ effects like scratches or stutters, basically anything that makes her sound different since we hear her sing the same thing several times. I'm fine with the length, I just think that we need some more "difference".

But it's very close to a recommend for me, so I give it my "one thumb up" for now.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:23 am

I think the vocals in the intro that Satis5d mentioned are slightly too fast and/or too early.

artistic
About @1:24 there is 'ring ring ring', followed by 'tic tic tic' that maybe you can use (after you cut them loose) with a lot of delay to make something 'different'.

@4:12 it seems that you echo'd the vocal (like a DJ would do live with two vinyl copies, one phrase apart). This can also give in other places the variation that Satis5d mentioned (when doing it on and off).

For a stutter edit, I recommmend the 'I' of 'I am' (using a delay with extreme setting or a beat repeat effect saves a lot of time compared to fast edits by hand). It would be great to make her sing 'I am sixty' , but then 60 needs to come from another Madonna source.

I usually put too much of the pella in myself, so I am not the best judge in this, but to get variation on the Donna-repetitions (there are not much lyrics to begin with), you can leave OUT some of her vocals to give the mental more room to breathe. Maybe you can do something just after an instrumental break with the lyric 'fed up waiting for you' ?

'Time goes by so slowly' could be good for an extreme slowdown (with Paul extreme stretch VST) to maybe half the tempo of the mental. Putting it on half speed should get you an octave lower [as you will know].

2 Star User

Post Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:55 am

D.I.S.C.O nice!

With satis5d on the subtle timing issues, but they're really subtle - make a kick track mute it and use it to shape the vocal to the mental? yea and break up the repetition with some funky delays etc whatever floats your artistic boat.

It's another banger tho' - we're gonna have to throw a party soon and play all these dancefloor epics out :)

Post Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Nice work Smash. I noticed the slight time slips here and there as well but it's very good over all.

Re: (!) Hung Up In Dreamscape (DJ Dado, Winn vs. Madonna)

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:54 am

Thanks for the comments and for the recommend :1smiley:

satis5d wrote:I like this a lot. That instrumental is fantastic!
There are 2 things holding me back from recommending it.

1. It sounds to me that Madonna's vocals aren't perfectly lined up before "Time goes by..." at about 0:30. There's no percussion there which makes it tricky.
2. It's a bit long and Madonna could use a change-up. Perhaps a couple of DJ effects like scratches or stutters, basically anything that makes her sound different since we hear her sing the same thing several times. I'm fine with the length, I just think that we need some more "difference".

But it's very close to a recommend for me, so I give it my "one thumb up" for now.

I think I manage to align that part you mentioned, it was a bit late there, hope it's good now.
As for your second point, I added a couple of more phrases on top of the repetitive parts, hope that will make the difference.

As for your suggestions, CSV, I really like how it sounds right now, and I'm happy with it, anyway thanks a lot for your time :1wink:

V2 is up

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:18 am

one thing to say: FRONTPAGED :1wink:

Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:23 pm

DRA'man wrote:one thing to say: FRONTPAGED :1wink:

Thanks for the FP

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>