[FP] Got 2 Fancy Tip Toe (Jason Derulo vs. Multiple Artists)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP] Got 2 Fancy Tip Toe (Jason Derulo vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 pm

SMASH - Got 2 Fancy Tip Toe (Jason Derulo vs. Multiple Artists)

Instrumental & Vocals: Jason Derulo - Tip Toe ft. French Montana
Vocals: Imagine Dragons - Thunder
Vocals: Camila Cabello - Havana ft. Young Thug
Vocals: Iggy Azalea - Fancy ft. Charli XCX
Vocals: Sean Paul - Got 2 Luv U ft. Alexis Jordan

I was playing with this project from time to time and finally got the chance to finish it :1wink:

V3

No Flash Installed

Download

1 star User

Re: Got 2 Fancy Tip Toe (Jason Derulo vs. Multiple Artists)

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Sounds great, but would be better with less Cabello imo. I like her harmony, but not her singing parts during the chorus. Just my 2c tho :P

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm

The opening is fabulous :1shocked: the bass line and the ID vocal really meld, and overall there's alot to like in this track.

b_romeo wrote:Sounds great, but would be better with less Cabello imo. I like her harmony, but not her singing parts during the chorus. Just my 2c tho :P

I suspect it's something like: Cabello is half-time, whereas everybody else is not; so the energy is disrupted. Harmonically she sounds just fine. There's an instrumental drop circa 2:20 and I think if Cabello were positioned with such parts of the instrumental it wouldn't create a slowdown effect.

1 star User

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 am

I like it, it makes me and people want to dance.

On Camilla: you could cut out evertything BUT the "oooooh" and "nananana" and leave blanks and make listeners think "what was that"; for me the energy drops when she sings about leaving the guy/him. Maybe it has to do with the lyric ?
In the resulting spaces I think Sean Paul would fit "got to love ya" he sings it 4 times, maybe leave out the first (where oooooh is) and just use nr. (2), 3+ 4.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:18 pm

warezio wrote:I suspect it's something like: Cabello is half-time, whereas everybody else is not; so the energy is disrupted.
What he said. She kind of drags down the energy, but I feel like the long, slow “oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh”s at 0:34 and so on are the biggest culprit. I wonder if you kept the “I knew it when I met him” and similar parts, and just cut the “oooohs" if she wouldn’t kill the mood so much. :1undecided:

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:40 am

Thanks guys for all your comments and suggestions :1smiley:

Version 2 is up based on your remarks.
I reduce the use of Miss Cabello in the chorus and uncover more from the original Tip Toe there, note that I mixed the "oo-oo-oo" from Cabello and the ones that comes from Tip Toe, hope now the energy is kept :1wink:

1 star User

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 am

I like it a lot, great to find the similarity between the 2 ooooohs.
Also like the sudden ending and the fake ending at about 2:17 where you managed to get an EXTRA Camilla oooh in !!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:36 am

CVS wrote:I like it a lot, great to find the similarity between the 2 ooooohs.
Also like the sudden ending and the fake ending at about 2:17 where you managed to get an EXTRA Camilla oooh in !!

Thanks, CVS, happy you like it :1grin:

Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Bump

Post Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 pm

I'm very, VERY close to recommending this, but somehow Imagine Dragons sounds a bit rushed at about 1:00. That little clip just needs to be stretched a tiny bit because it comes in correctly, but then it sounds like it doesn't fit it's space. Everything else sounds great. :1smiley:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>