(!)Woman Is A Hurricane (Ariana Grande vs. The Scorpions)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

(!)Woman Is A Hurricane (Ariana Grande vs. The Scorpions)

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 pm

Warezio - Woman Is A Hurricane (Ariana Grande vs. The Scorpions)

Ariana Grande - God Is A Woman
The Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane (cover instrumental)

Maximum possible girl power on this one.

Version 1: (instrumental beef; more fx on "God Is A Woman")

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 1 download link
Last edited by warezio on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Woman Is A Hurricane (Ariana Grande vs. The Scorpions)

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Having another go at the Hurricane, are ya? :1tongue:

This is a great combo and a solid transformation here! The atmospheric Ariana verse is such a cool match with the Scorps’ subdued guitar and drums, and the choral part you used at the chorus is absolutely a perfect match for the energy of RYLaH!

So, I still have a hard time digesting that particular Scorpions cover--Can you boost the mids and cut some of the highs maybe to give it some more ‘beef?’ Also I would maybe bring the instrumental up in relation to the vocals, or vice versa.

The choral part, “God is a woman…” is very narrow it seems, even with all the layers and reverb. It wouldn’t be a big deal, but the hand-off from the wide “Here I am”s to the narrow Ariana parts I found to be sort of jarring. My brain really wanted to hear a hurricane of voices there and it didn’t quite get it...

Minor nitpicks aside, you’ve definitely got another winner in the works…

2 Star User

Re: (!)Woman Is A Hurricane (Ariana Grande vs. The Scorpions

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Nice combination! I fully agree with MG, but as this is "version 0" I'm sure it wasn't intended to be perfect yet... :1smiley:

3 Star User

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:59 pm

MashGyver wrote:Minor nitpicks aside, you’ve definitely got another winner in the works…

Cool for the record I want to address these points but RL is heavy right now so give me a bit of time there will be a version 1.

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:14 am

Great match :1rolleyes:

Nothing to add to MG's suggestions, waiting for the next version :1wink:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Maybe it's because I think that this instrumental (cover version notwithstanding) is so good, but I don't feel really excited about the Ariana pairing. There is a KILLER pairing out there for this instrumental, but I don't think this is the one.

Having said that, this is still an enjoyable tune.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

3 Star User

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Version 1 posted incorporating @MashGyver feedback.

satis5d wrote:There is a KILLER pairing out there for this instrumental, but I don't think this is the one.

I know what you mean. What this track has going for it is the zero-day nature of the fresh GIOW acapella, but if I were crate diving without constraints (e.g., like "Here We Grove Again") I would look for an even better match.

I have a (different) cover stem of the guitar and I think my next move with RYLaH will be to liberate that stem into another context.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>