Mashstix Mash-off #65 - Bring The Heat - satis5d wins!

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

¿Quien Es Más Caliente?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Set Fire To The Fuel (Adele vs. Metallica)

No Flash Installed

19%
Relax In The Heat Of The Night (Sandra vs. Frankie Goes To Hollywood vs. Depeche Mode vs. Empire Of The Sun)

No Flash Installed

19%
Why Must We Wait Until Night Nurse (Gregory Isaacs vs. Tina Turner)

No Flash Installed

6%
Happier In The Fire (Ed Sheeran vs. Disturbed)

No Flash Installed

13%
The Heat Is A Weekend Fire (Glenn Frey vs. Donna Summer vs. Loverboy)

No Flash Installed

31%
Smoke On The City (Stevie Wonder vs. Deep Purple)

No Flash Installed

13%

Total votes : 16
3 Star User

Mashstix Mash-off #65 - Bring The Heat - satis5d wins!

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:05 pm

I returned home recently from 30+ degree temperatures in Stockholm only to encounter a record heatwave in the Pacific Northwest. To the south and east of me wildfires rage. Now Spain and the UK will have a go at extreme heat. It's hot out there, and the only appropriate response is ... to make some mashups!

For this mashoff I want to see tracks related to the theme of heat. This is interpreted broadly, so fire, sweat, brimstone, etc. all count. Besides this there are no constraints, so be yourself ... but your hottest self.

THE 5-STEP DESCRIPTION:

• At the start of every month, the (newly entitled) Emperor of MashStix posts a thread containing details of the challenge, for Example: 'Mashups 90bpm or slower with the theme of love'. They should also include the '5-Step Description' and the 'FAQ'.

• The post will then shortly be stickied to the top of the 'Submit Mashups' section for all to see and respond to with their entries. Entries must be in by the 20th.
  • A vote will be created within that thread for everyone to vote on who should win and become the new Emperor (the vote can be created by the current emperor so please don't wait for a mod to do it as we are a busy people)

• On the 27th (or until the last day of the month at the current emperor's choice) the poll shall end and a the new emperor will be chosen.

• The winning track will then be featured on the Frontpage!

FAQ:

> How should I post my mashup?
Entries are to be posted in the thread using the players in the same way as you would on the main mashstix board (i.e. via Dropbox, hearthis, soundcloud or your own webspace), including details of the tracks used.

> Can I use a mashup that I've made previously?
No, that would be cheating!

> What if there is a tie!?
All ties will be settled by the Emperor (sounds like a worthy title now, doesn't it?)

> I didn't win, what can I do with my mashup?
If you are particularly proud of your mashup but didn't win then feel free to post your mashup in the 'Submit Mashup' section as you ordinarily would.

> What do I do if I'm confused??
PM 'DJ Firth' or another mod if you notice they are active

> So the Emperor get's to choose the next challenge and settle tie breakers, anything else?
The Emperor will attain limitless glory for all of eternity (and bragging rights)
Last edited by warezio on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Mashstix Mash-off #65 - Bring The Heat

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Adelica - Set Fire To The Fuel

Instrumental/vocals: Metallica - Fuel
Vocals: Adele - Set Fire To The Rain

A few days ago I downloaded the Fuel instrumental in hopes to mix it with one of Megadeth's car songs, but it didn't work out. Then I came across this thread, and the rest is recent history.

No Flash Installed

Download (right-click, save as): https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 185740.mp3

Track link: https://sowndhaus.audio/track/10808/set ... a-vs-adele
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:40 pm

SMASH - Relax In The Heat Of The Night (Sandra vs. Frankie Goes To Hollywood vs. Depeche Mode vs. Empire Of The Sun)

Instrumental & Vocals: Sandra - In The Heat Of The Night (1985)
Vocals: Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (1983)
Vocals: Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again (1987)
Vocals: Empire Of The Sun - We Are The People (2008)

The first song that pop out to my mind is that song from Sandra, and we are also having here the Empire of the Sun , so I guess i'm all set :1wink:

V4 (hopefully my last one :1tongue: )

No Flash Installed

Download

1 star User

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:04 am

I bring the heat in the form of a hot track by Gregory Isaacs, about a nightnurse (mmmh) that is made even hotter by adding the Queen of S.. (Soul) Tina Turner with a saucy lyric in which she states she would like some immediate morning or afternoon delight. There are no dirty words for me as a Dutchman, but it is risqué. It's a bit long (that's what my wife said last night).

sources:
Gregory Isaacs - Night Nurse (instrumental)
Tina Turner - Why Must We Wait Until Tonight ? (acapella)

version 3: I let Auto-Tune lower the G#m-pella to Gm and then using 89,14 bpm for Tina to get her slightly lower in pitch, corrected all her sentences and grunts), thanks for the part-of-a-semitone-too-high-tip Warezio!

No Flash Installed

download version 3

to compare version 1: changed only the Tina-track in Acid Pro to 1 semitone lower, calculating tempp from 89,84 bpm (so faster than in version 2 and 3):

No Flash Installed

2 Star User

You asked for heat? Well, what about THIS?!

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:14 pm

MASHUP NAME: Happier In The Fire

All the grudge and sorrow can be mitigated somehow... just needs a bit of positivism ^^

Ed Sheeran - Happier (instrumental)
Disturbed - Inside The Fire (vocals)

No Flash Installed

DL It Here!
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:21 am

Great entries so far! This contest is heating up! :1tongue:

Don’t count me out yet either. I have something I’d like to enter if time permits me to finish it. I’ll definitely need the coming weekend, though, so the 20th is the perfect target for me.

@GladiLord I think yours is excellent, but since we are giving mid-mashoff feedback these days, I wanted to suggest replacing that mono acapella with a stereo version and those vocals also seem like they’re 30 cents off key…but I can’t tell if they should go up or down. :1undecided:

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:02 am

I'm putting the finishing touches on my entry for this month as well. Count me in! :1cheesy:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:14 pm

satis5d: The Heat Is A Weekend Fire
Glenn Frey vs. Donna Summer vs. Loverboy

Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On (Extended Version, Dance Version, and Dub Version) [Instrumental with Vocals]
Donna Summer - I'm A Fire [acapella]
Loverboy - Working For the Weekend [acapella]

To my knowledge, nobody else has ever done a mashup of The Heat Is On, mainly because no instrumental or acapella tracks exist. This mashup required me to create a quasi-instrumental from three 12" versions of Glenn Frey's 80's classic. This one brings the heat in more ways than one. Please give it your vote! :1kiss:

No Flash Installed

Download here
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

3 Star User

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:29 pm

The sky is literally filled with smoke where I'm at, perhaps due to the extreme heat of the submissions so far.

I'll make the poll sometime tomorrow (8/21), so you still have a bit of time.

Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:07 am

warezio wrote:The sky is literally filled with smoke where I'm at, perhaps due to the extreme heat of the submissions so far.
Same here in SoCal--it’s been smokey outside and raining ash for weeks! You could say that there was...

SMOKE ON THE CITY!

(Stevie Wonder vs. Deep Purple)

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water (Stems and “Made In Japan” Live Version)
Stevie Wonder - Living For The City (Stems and Album Version)

VERSION ZERO:

No Flash Installed

DOWNLOAD IF YOU MUST...

This is a mashup idea I toyed with over 2 years ago, but trashed in favor of another mashup using another Stevie Wonder track. Since two years have passed and I can’t seem to finish the other one, I thought I’d pull this one out of the dumpster and re-ignite things. Problem is, I had to kind of rush this one for the mash-off deadline, so there is still a bit of work to be done on it. Part of me hopes I don’t win so that I can continue working on it! :1rolleyes:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>