(FP)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My LoveTo Your New Thunder

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 am

(FP)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My LoveTo Your New Thunder

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 pm

So I did a version of this mashup a while ago but the sources for the vocals were not the best and there were some issues that needed sorting so iv finally got around to redoing this mashup so fingers crossed it sounds better than my first version.

So lets get to it!

Sources
Acapella - Adele - Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
phpBB [media]


Instrumental - Imagine Dragons - Thunder
phpBB [media]



Send My Love To Your New Thunder (version 1)

Sowndhaus Preview

No Flash Installed


Sowndhaus Download
Right Click And Save As


Send My Love To Your New Thunder (version 2)
Sowndhaus Preview

No Flash Installed


Sowndhaus Download
Right Click And Save As


Send My Love To Your New Thunder (version 3)
Sowndhaus Preview

No Flash Installed


Sowndhaus Download
Right Click And Save As
Last edited by theitfixer on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 14 times in total.

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1828
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: USA

Re: Adele Vs Imagine Dragons - Send My Love To Your New Thun

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:30 am

Your persistence has paid off! Sounds great!

Image

My only nitpick: it does sound like Adele is slightly behind the beat when she comes in around 2:33. She quickly catches back up, though. I think just the first few words (“send my love to your new lover”) could be cut from the rest and nudged backwards just a bit to polish this one up (hopefully for the last time, right?!)

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 am

Re: Adele Vs Imagine Dragons - Send My Love To Your New Thun

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:38 am

MashGyver wrote:Your persistence has paid off! Sounds great!

Image

My only nitpick: it does sound like Adele is slightly behind the beat when she comes in around 2:33. She quickly catches back up, though. I think just the first few words (“send my love to your new lover”) could be cut from the rest and nudged backwards just a bit to polish this one up (hopefully for the last time, right?!)



Done :1smiley:

Iv moved it back a little so fingers crossed its now perfect

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: UK

Re: (!)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My Love To Your New Thu

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:50 am

It sounds like there may be a timing or placement issue between 0:34 - 0:40?

Also, as I understand, you've currently got both sources at C# major, so from changing the pitch of Adele to be in key, it kinda makes her voice sound a bit too low and unnatural for me and therefore difficult to get used to in this way I'm afraid. Another mod may be acceptable of it and like it as it is already, but if possible to do and it works ok, could you perhaps instead change the key of 'Thunder' (C major to D major) to fit with Adele's natural/original tone?

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 am

Re: (!)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My Love To Your New Thu

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:31 am

DJ CROSSABILITY wrote:It sounds like there may be a timing or placement issue between 0:34 - 0:40?

Also, as I understand, you've currently got both sources at C# major, so from changing the pitch of Adele to be in key, it kinda makes her voice sound a bit too low and unnatural for me and therefore difficult to get used to in this way I'm afraid. Another mod may be acceptable of it and like it as it is already, but if possible to do and it works ok, could you perhaps instead change the key of 'Thunder' (C major to D major) to fit with Adele's natural/original tone?



Done - Alternative pitch version added to the first post

With regards to the timing I think its more to do with how she slurs the phrase which makes it sound slightly out so i'm going to leave it like that for now as I could spend ages trying to perfect the phrasing lol.

I can send you the reaper files if you wish to edit it further

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: (!)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My Love To Your New Thu

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:26 am

This is sick! love the pitched one better

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2331
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: (!)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My Love To Your New Thu

Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Artistically, I really like the combination.

Unfortunately, it's not technically sound enough for me to recommend. The timing is off in several places. It sounds to me like Adele is at least 3-4 bpms slow and that you've tried to compensate by cutting her acapella track into many pieces and fit them into the right spots. I suggest that you go back and find the speed of Adele that matches and replace her acapella track completely.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 am

Re: (!)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My Love To Your New Thu

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am

rappy wrote:This is sick! love the pitched one better

Me too actually :1laugh:

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 am

Re: (!)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My Love To Your New Thu

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 am

satis5d wrote:Artistically, I really like the combination.

Unfortunately, it's not technically sound enough for me to recommend. The timing is off in several places. It sounds to me like Adele is at least 3-4 bpms slow and that you've tried to compensate by cutting her acapella track into many pieces and fit them into the right spots. I suggest that you go back and find the speed of Adele that matches and replace her acapella track completely.


Sorry you feel that way - I may re-visit this at some point when I get time

Note I do the whole thing just using reaper - I have no technical knowledge of dj-ing mixing or anything like that

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 am

Re: (!)Adele v Imagine Dragons- Send My Love To Your New Thu

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Ok I couldn't resist - I have re-done the timings so hopefully it sounds like it flows better without going out of time


Version 3 added to the first post

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assal, DJ Firth and 14 guests