(!) rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

(!) rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:51 pm

Image
A Mashup by rappy featuring:
1. La La Land Cast - Another Day Of Sun
2. Clean Bandit - Symphony ft. Zara Larsson
3. Katy Perry - Swish Swish ft. Nicki Minaj
4. The Chainsmokers - Honest
5. Anne-Marie - 2002
6. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs David Guetta feat. Kiiara - Complicated
7. Fifth Harmony - All In My Head (Flex) ft. Fetty Wap
8. Galantis & Hook N Sling - Love On Me
9. Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
10. Louis Tomlinson - Back to You ft. Bebe Rexha, Digital Farm Animals
11. Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee - Despacito (Remix) ft. Justin Bieber
12. Little Mix - Black Magic
13. Charlie Puth - How Long
14. Clean Bandit - I Miss You feat. Julia Michaels
15. DJ Snake - Let Me Love You ft. Justin Bieber
16. David Guetta, Martin Garrix & Brooks - Like I Do
17. Zac Efron, Hugh Jackman, Zendaya, Keala Settle, The Greatest Showman Ensemble - The Greatest Show

phpBB [media]

No Flash Installed



As Featured in DJ Useo's Summer Booty 12 (2018) Mashup Compilation Album
Download from https://demodrop.com/rappy/another-summer-booty-2018 or https://sowndhaus.audio/track/10327/rappy-another-summer-booty-mashup
View my Summer Booty 2016 Mashup here: http://www.mashstix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22885&p=95846&hilit=rappy+summer+booty#p95846

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 2398
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:13 am

I'm not as big a fan of the multi-mash as some, but I enjoyed this. It's fun, and you almost made it sound like they were all trying to sing a part of the same song. Kudos! :1grin:

Image
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:07 pm

satis5d wrote:I'm not as big a fan of the multi-mash as some, but I enjoyed this. It's fun, and you almost made it sound like they were all trying to sing a part of the same song. Kudos! :1grin:

Image

Thank you sir :-)

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 pm
Location: UK

Re: (!) rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:24 am

Very creative effort rappy! Interesting to hear a multi-mash using this genre type of instrumental, rather than a mainstream pop song, so kudos for trying something different with that. It all seems good to my ears in terms of key and timings. I like the fun, upbeat vibe and I think several parts work well such as 'Symphony'. However, as tends to be the case with multi-mashes, it can be difficult to get the levels and balance of all of the various sources to sound right, and so for me there are areas where the vocals are being overpowered by the 'mental - in particular as the track progresses to the latter stages and starts to build up to its climax, and therefore appears too much is going on with the numerous vocals competing within the same frequency range against the 'mental and begins to sound cluttered. Perhaps you could try adjusting the db levels or making some EQ changes to improve this aspect?

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 1717
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

Re: (!) rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:43 am

I admire your creativity, Rappy :1smiley:

I think this combo has a potential, but I do agree with DJ Cross as for how it is produced at the moment. I think the track is overloaded and it's hard to focus on what your are hearing at times.
Maybe keeping a bit of more space between the sources and as Cross suggested, a bit of EQ adjustment might help :1undecided:

User avatar
1 star User
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Re: (!) rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm

I really liked the intro on the video with each car having its radio sound different :1shocked:

User avatar
2 Star User
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: (!) rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:26 pm

DJ CROSSABILITY wrote:Very creative effort rappy! Interesting to hear a multi-mash using this genre type of instrumental, rather than a mainstream pop song, so kudos for trying something different with that. It all seems good to my ears in terms of key and timings. I like the fun, upbeat vibe and I think several parts work well such as 'Symphony'. However, as tends to be the case with multi-mashes, it can be difficult to get the levels and balance of all of the various sources to sound right, and so for me there are areas where the vocals are being overpowered by the 'mental - in particular as the track progresses to the latter stages and starts to build up to its climax, and therefore appears too much is going on with the numerous vocals competing within the same frequency range against the 'mental and begins to sound cluttered. Perhaps you could try adjusting the db levels or making some EQ changes to improve this aspect?

SMASH wrote:I admire your creativity, Rappy :1smiley:

I think this combo has a potential, but I do agree with DJ Cross as for how it is produced at the moment. I think the track is overloaded and it's hard to focus on what your are hearing at times.
Maybe keeping a bit of more space between the sources and as Cross suggested, a bit of EQ adjustment might help :1undecided:

Dear friends
I have rechecked the track and I 100% agree with your feedback about the mixing. I will gladly keep this in mind before sending of my next submissions. But, I have promised myself not to spend my time on hobbies as much as I should spend on my daily works. I've tried hard to convince myself that whatever I release is as my final result, in other words, I don't tweak. :-) I hope you guys understand what I mean and don't take this as an arrogance.
Thank you. :1wink:

User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: (!) rappy - Another Summer Booty

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:54 am

I agree with the feedback. The composition is perfect you just need to achieve mix clarity. The means the vocals need to be EQ so they are understood well and have not artifacts in the low end that could potentially clutter your instrumental. I addition, the instrumental should not be in the way of the vocals to prevent mud and the instrumental stems (drums) need to be mixed in a little better to prevent and overly dynamic mix. Other than the mix, this is perfect and very fun.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests