Marinmashup Crush on somebody (DAFT PUNK VS GOTYE)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 am

instrumental : Daft punk - Instant Crush
Acapella : Gotye - Somebody I used to know

The two sources are very famous so i hope nobody did this mashup already. But i like this combo.

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 895413.mp3

1 star User

Re: Marinmashup Crush on somebody (DAFT PUNK VS GOTYE)

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:09 am

I wouldnt necessarily trust my ears, but I think this is OOK (out of key) thus making it sound off to me. Also feels like your changing the timing of the acapalla at around 0:50'ish, making it seem OOT

1 star User

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Yeah, it's pretty off both note wise and timing (especially after Kimbra's part). This is one of those songs that has some parts that "work" over most anything. Remember that famous Levels vs. Somebody I used to know mashup that came off when both songs were hot? That was completely off key.

1 star User

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 am

Hey thanks for your replies ! I thought there were some blue notes but not completely off key ! Maybe I was too concentrate on it and i can't trust my ears now ! Maybe I will try to realign for being in the time, but if it's really off key i think i will just abandon it ! It's the game ! Thanks for giving your time !

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:36 pm

It's not completely OOK, but there some OOK moments. There are also some spots that are OOT.

That said, I like this combination of songs! Artistically, I feel that it works well. :1cool:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 am

satis5d wrote:It's not completely OOK, but there some OOK moments. There are also some spots that are OOT

Yep :1embarassed:

satis5d wrote:I feel that it works well. :1cool:

it's not the case for me, it works at the beginning and after it's annoying, particulary when Kimbra sings ...

C'est loin d'être le meilleur de ce que j'ai entendu sur ta page Sowndhaus :1wink:

1 star User

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:23 am

satis5d wrote:That said, I like this combination of songs! Artistically, I feel that it works well.

Thanks satis5d, I like it too, even if I feel that is not perfectly in the key. Maybe I will try to rework it to make it on time.

DRA'man wrote:C'est loin d'être le meilleur de ce que j'ai entendu sur ta page Sowndhaus

Haha merci ! Je ne veux pas poster tout d'un coup pour ne pas submerger le forum, je poste pour l'instant ceux sur lesquels je me pose des questions ! Et étant vraiment débutant vos réponses m'apportent beaucoup !

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:09 pm

satis5d wrote:It's not completely OOK, but there some OOK moments. There are also some spots that are OOT.

That said, I like this combination of songs! Artistically, I feel that it works well. :1cool:

+1

I like the sources, I think it has a good potential, it just needs some more work as said :1wink:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>