[FP]YITT- Kiss And Bleed (Sixpence None The Richer/Slipknot)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!

[FP]YITT- Kiss And Bleed (Sixpence None The Richer/Slipknot)

Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:38 pm

YITT - Kiss And Bleed (Sixpence None The Richer vs. Slipknot)

Instrumental/full track: Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N-qO3sPMjc

Vocal track: Slipknot - Wait And Bleed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zCN0YhW1s

I have already downloaded the sources to make a video for this, but I figured I'd do that thing I always say I'm gonna do, which is wait and see if it gets the green light here before setting the video in stone.

V4

No Flash Installed

Track link: https://sowndhaus.audio/track/10212/kiss-and-bleed-v4

Download: https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 709690.mp3
I am here, and so are you. We can be together at other places, too
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

1 star User

Re: YITT- Kiss And Bleed (Sixpence None The Richer/Slipknot)

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:24 am

hahaha, hilarious genre clash. something happens to the audio in parts between 2:10 and 2:20. idk what it is, but its very noticeable

2 Star User

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:32 pm

b_romeo wrote:hilarious genre clash.

No kidding. This is the audio analog of sweet-and-sour sauce. The stereo effects are really nice.

b_romeo wrote:something happens to the audio in parts between 2:10 and 2:20

I heard this as well. It's around 2:18. It's like the mid channel drops out during the word "twilight".

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Yeah, I doubled that 'twilight' part to a my ping pong delay track (which is eq'd differently than the main, with chorus and overdrive) to make the vocal switch to Slipknot right after less jarring. I should have gotten rid of that, but I have now.

V2 up top!
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Ridiculous! The echo on the “goodbye” at 1:55 is rad!

The “oooh” around 2:36 right after “kiss me” almost sounds like Corey puckering up and giving a “muuuah”. :1kiss: Was that intentional, because it’s hilarious! :1laugh:

Anyway, you get my blessing on this one:

Some minor nitpicks:

There is a noticeable edit around 1:52, switching from instrumental to full track I believe.

The final “bleed” I think would sound better down two semitones, but I leave that up to you of course…

The vocal breathing/noise at the end sounds like it was intentionally left in, but then it ends kind of abruptly before the instrumental decays. Might be nice with a bit of echo/delay/reverb there...

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:47 pm

(I carefully made the conscious decision to hit 'quote' and not 'edit' this time)

MashGyver wrote:
The “oooh” around 2:36 right after “kiss me” almost sounds like Corey puckering up and giving a “muuuah”. :1kiss: Was that intentional, because it’s hilarious! :1laugh:

No, honestly, I was just filling space with the first few ooh's and aah's I had available, and I didn't notice that, but I like it.

There is a noticeable edit around 1:52, switching from instrumental to full track I believe.

I didn't even hear anything there, even coming back after you said it, but I could visually see, like you said, a straight cut from full track to instrumental, and after listening closer I could hear a little skip thing with the bass note (while he's singing 'goodbyeeee'), which I think is hopefully you were hearing, so I smoothed the cut there and now it sounds fluid.

The final “bleed” I think would sound better down two semitones, but I leave that up to you of course…

That last note does sound a bit better down 2, and while he Swifts kind of hard when pitched down 2 semi's, he doesn't too much on that note, so I pitched it down 2 at "and bleed".

The vocal breathing/noise at the end sounds like it was intentionally left in, but then it ends kind of abruptly before the instrumental decays. Might be nice with a bit of echo/delay/reverb there...

I made an easier, quicker choice here, and simply bumped his end breathing forward a bit, and made sure they end at same time.

V3 up top, and the previous version deleted on sowndhaus, because I don't like spamming multiple version of one mashup on sowndhaus

If anyone can confirm that you are able to share private sowndhaus tracks on Mashstix, I am curious if that could be possible, which would solve my multi-public uploads to sowndhaus for Mashstix edits.
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:48 pm

YITT wrote:(I carefully made the conscious decision to hit 'quote' and not 'edit' this time)
Nice work! I actually thought about posting my comment twice just to be safe, and to mess with you a little! :1tongue:

YITT wrote:If anyone can confirm that you are able to share private sowndhaus tracks on Mashstix, I am curious if that could be possible, which would solve my multi-public uploads to sowndhaus for Mashstix edits.
Can confirm--in fact this is what I do 90% of the time these days. Just keep “Downloads” set to ON and use the download link.

The updates sound good. I can still hear the cut at 1:52 a bit (although less than I remember from before)…it’s on the final guitar strum before “so kiss me.” The volume of the track seems to dip a bit on the transition, like if it’s an Ableton crossfade between clips on the same track, you could pull the middle of the “X” up a bit. If it’s something no one else notices, then maybe I’m just expecting it now... :1undecided:

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:49 am

MashGyver wrote:The updates sound good. I can still hear the cut at 1:52 a bit (although less than I remember from before)…it’s on the final guitar strum before “so kiss me.” The volume of the track seems to dip a bit on the transition, like if it’s an Ableton crossfade between clips on the same track, you could pull the middle of the “X” up a bit. If it’s something no one else notices, then maybe I’m just expecting it now... :1undecided:

Oh, so it was a second or 2 before the thing I found and changed. That part of the full song track where she sings that "so kiss me" is a little different than the instrumental, thinner, with some weird phasing in the track already.

I readjusted the fade, and started the delay track that goes with it a bit sooner, so it sounds more seamless to me now.

V4 above, with only that changed.
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

1 star User

Re: (!)YITT- Kiss And Bleed (Sixpence None The Richer/Slipkn

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Well this wins the award for creativity this week. There was a slight timing issue I heard in V4 around 1:50 but it could be just how he is performing that part. Not sure how many times you want to touch this. Although, I am VERY curious as to what this would sound like with the edited vocals of this composition vs. the Slipknot instrumental.

Re: (!)YITT- Kiss And Bleed (Sixpence None The Richer/Slipkn

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 am

Adam Dutch wrote:There was a slight timing issue I heard in V4 around 1:50 but it could be just how he is performing that part. Not sure how many times you want to touch this.

Well honestly, I finished and uploaded the music video already, but I'm not against making another edit for the audio version, but I'm not sure which part you mean around 1:50. Hopefully it's not him singing "obelisk" which she interrupts with "fireflies", as that's a tricky spot. But if so, I did a quick adjustment that maybe fixes it:

No Flash Installed

Although, I am VERY curious as to what this would sound like with the edited vocals of this composition vs. the Slipknot instrumental.

They would eat Little Red Riding Hood alive.
Soundcloud
YouTube
Sowndhaus
Facebook

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>