(FP)Unconditionally Crystalline(Katy Perry vs.The Midnight)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

(FP)Unconditionally Crystalline(Katy Perry vs.The Midnight)

Post Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Warezio - Unconditionally Crystalline (Katy Perry vs. The Midnight)

Katy Perry - Unconditionally (Stems)
The Midnight - Crystalline (Instrumental)

The Midnight recently showed me some kindness so I decided to work with the Nocturnal instrumentals. Turns out there is a Katy Perry song for each one, but this combination is my favorite.

Warning: long and with a high dynamic range.

Version 1: (more BGV)

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 1 download link
Last edited by warezio on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Unconditionally Crystalline (Katy Perry vs. The Midnight

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:01 pm

This is a very nice production, warezio :1rolleyes:

I have to agree with you about the length. The intro is too long for me (almost 2 min) and I guess the same for radio stations. I already heard some of your tracks in Shahar Varshal's show, and I'm sure he will be glad to broadcast a Radio edit version of this one.

What do you think of making a radio edit version? I think you'll only have to deal with the intro, nothing else. In any case, keep this version alive, you can always publish more than one version for the same track :1wink:

3 Star User

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 pm

warezio wrote:What do you think of making a radio edit version?

It's a good idea for mass consumption, but I'd like to get feedback on this version. I tried to preserve the instrumental as much as possible to appeal to The Midnight and their fans. (I had to edit it slightly for harmonic reasons, but note the original is 6:02 I stuck pretty close to it, it actually "wants" to be longer in that the final KP chorus is cut in half).

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Sounds good to my ears. I recommend. But I'll recommend almost anything mixed with a The Midnight song.
However, you have the stems, but I didn't notice your use of the background vocals (which are very nice for Unconditionally) I would recommend you experiment with the BGV's to add some interest to this mix.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Re: (!)Unconditionally Crystalline (Katy Perry vs. The Midni

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:52 am

it sounds perfect to me, let me know what you think about Satis5d comment about the background vocals before i FP'd it :1wink:

3 Star User

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm

satis5d wrote:However, you have the stems, but I didn't notice your use of the background vocals (which are very nice for Unconditionally) I would recommend you experiment with the BGV's to add some interest to this mix.

Let me revisit this with fresh ears.

For version 0, I used BGV tracks 1 and 2 starting with the 2nd chorus. BGV track 3 seemed clashy at parts, but I do use it "open up your heart". BGV 4, 5 and 6 seemed to cover up the sax so I didn't use them. But I may have missed some opportunities.

3 Star User

Re: (!!!)Unconditionally Crystalline(Katy Perry vs.The Midni

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Version 1 posted.

There was some tasty stuff in BGV 6 I was missing out on.

Re: (!!!)Unconditionally Crystalline(Katy Perry vs.The Midni

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:49 am

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>