(!)MarinMashup CreepyMarseilles(HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOHEAD)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

(!)MarinMashup CreepyMarseilles(HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOHEAD)

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:56 pm

MarinMashup - Creepy Marseilles (HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOHEAD)

Instrumental : Hey Marseilles - Marseilles
Acapella : Radiohead - Creep

It's my first post here, and this is one of my first mashup ( i do mashup since only few months) so i hope find people to crititicize my work for doing better !

Thanks,

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/509754198_2128021645_456041845.mp3

V2

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/524555140_1553418883_1109888156.mp3

V3

No Flash Installed

https://sowndhaus.audio/uploads/tracks/ ... 755298.mp3
Last edited by marinmashup on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: MarinMashup Creepy Marseilles (HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOHE

Post Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:21 am

marinmashup wrote:It's my first post here, and this is one of my first mashup ( i do mashup since only few months) so i hope find people to crititicize my work for doing better !

You've come to the right place with the right attitude.

I love pretty mashups with vocal and piano, including this one.

I feel the vocals need to align to the piano better during the quiet parts. It can be a pain in the butt because the piano has "organic timing" but e.g. "can't" @ 5s (but not "look you") and "you float" at 21s seem a bit late ("skin makes me cry" @ 15s is just right). Sometimes the phrasing is complicated, like the piano is moving faster than the vocal, do that kind of micro-alignment can be tedious but bonus points if you pull it off. Give it a fresh listen with closed eyes after a little break from it for a while.

The vocals seem overwhelmed a bit @ 1:32. Possibly just louder would work, maybe you need to EQ them here to make them cut through (https://www.audio-issues.com/music-mixi ... the-vocal/).

I suspect a little extra distortion on the vocal during the loud parts might help, e.g., a saturating or overdrive effect like you would get from a guitar amp. You can play with the wet/dry proportion (or parallel track it) so that the effect is subtle (I've overdone this in the past, a little goes a long way). Also maybe some more vocal reverb during the loud parts.

1 star User

Post Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 am

wow thanks for the very specific answer.

warezio wrote:I feel the vocals need to align to the piano better during the quiet parts. It can be a pain in the butt because the piano has "organic timing" but e.g. "can't" @ 5s (but not "look you") and "you float" at 21s seem a bit late ("skin makes me cry" @ 15s is just right).

I know some vocals aren't totally in the right timing. I will listen the part that you said and try to align that better.

warezio wrote: You can play with the wet/dry proportion (or parallel track it) so that the effect is subtle (I've overdone this in the past, a little goes a long way)

For the EQ and other sounds effects, I know that is not perfect because I know nothing in this domain... But I will try your proposition.

Thanks for giving your time and for your precious advices.

P.S : Sorry if my English is not perfect.

1 star User

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 am

Magnifique ! Ce morceau donne des frissons. J'adore.

Glorious ! This song chills down my spine.

1 star User

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:59 am

Welcome to the forums! Great debut. Needs a bit polishing as Warezio pointed out, and maybe some reverb at parts where the piano goes silent maybe.

1 star User

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:27 am

Hi thanks talking and b romeo for your posts. It's nice. I posted a V2 i tried to realign the vocal and add some reverb and palyed a little with EQ but I'm not very good at it...

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:48 am

Welcome in Mashstix MarinMashup !
beautiful 1st post !
RECOMMEND

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 am

Welcome to Mashstix, marinmashup :1smiley:

I really like the idea and version 2 is much better than the first one.

Before I recommend, I feel like some of the phrases needs a little more stretch to be perfectly align with that calm piano play, it might be relevant to some of the phrases and particularly the second half or at least the end of the phrase, not sure :1undecided:
I also think the phrase "I'm a weirdo" @0:49 is off key.

Overall, very good start, I must say, hope to hear more from you :1wink:

1 star User

Re: (!)MarinMashup CreepyMarseilles(HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOH

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 am

Thank you Draman and Smash. It's great to have such compliments !

@Smash I'm happy you prefer the second version, I was not sure...

I will try to realign a little more some phrases to be perfect !

For the phrase "I'm a weirdo" at 0:49 I know it' a little bit dissonant, but I think I like this feeling. Do you think it's very unpleasant when you listen it ? I don't know what I Can do. Maybe I can delete this phrase and remplace it with a second "I'm a creep". I will see

Re: (!)MarinMashup CreepyMarseilles(HEY MARSEILLES VS RADIOH

Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 pm

marinmashup wrote:Do you think it's very unpleasant when you listen it ? I don't know what I Can do. Maybe I can delete this phrase and remplace it with a second "I'm a creep". I will see

I'm not sure you need to replace it, I just feel the end of the word "weirdo" sounds off and might needs couple of cents or 1 semitone to fix it, but again i'm not sure, lets wait for the ones with the golden ears :1wink:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>