Better Give It Away Days (Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Tupac)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Better Give It Away Days (Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Tupac)

Post Mon May 14, 2018 11:36 am

broke up with my girl of 4 years and decided to do a mash-up of her two favorite artists. made me feel better somehow. this is my 2nd mash-up.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away - [ Bass Master Track ]
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away - [ Vocal Master Track ]
Tupac - Better Dayz [ Acapella ]
Tupac - Better-Dayz [ Instrumental ]

No Flash Installed

Re: Better Give It Away Days (Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Tupac

Post Mon May 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi Boomsmack, i really like the idea. I did not check but 2Pac seems to be Out Of Time (OOT). I prefer the Red Hot part. The transitions are weird, maybe you could blend all this by keeping the RCPH drums all along the track, and adding samples & loops to give a structure to the 2PAC verses ?

1 star User

Post Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 am

I also preferred the RCHP-part, which was pretty good. Maybe expand on that part and see where it goes?
Tupac singing over the music doesnt really work at all as its currently sits (in my opinion). It feels like he's fading in and out of tempo (off the beat).

Keep on mashing though. I am fairly new to this myself and the sense of accomplishment as you improve feels amazing! :1smiley:

Post Thu May 17, 2018 12:47 am

It doesn't seem OOT to me, but the rap is a fairly loose style so it's hard to tell.

I'm another vote for the RHCP vocal with the 2pac music. :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 am

As much as I love 2Pac's voice and his style overall I like the RHCP Vox over the Pac instrumental, As others have mentioned his vocal over the RHCP Mental kind of drifts back and forth, But it's nice to hear anyways, I go for RHCP over the 2Pac beat obviously keep up the good work!

1 star User

Post Thu May 17, 2018 7:28 am

i like the combo. regarding you reason to make it, you will probably want to use it all.

the transitions are a bit much. i suggest just making one transition:
RHCP mental + 2Pac rap, than 2pac mental with RHCP rap (or the other way round, but not back and forth and back).
In my rap combo's, i often cut between sentences and shift them a bit to the front or back, to make the accent in the rap fit on a beat. Sometimes the cut needs to be between words IN a sentence. Sometimes you can repeat a word on the start of a sentence 2 or 3 times, like it would sound when a live DJ cuts (scratches) the overlapping song in on the playing beat.
I sometimes try this stuff out in Virtual DJ (a personal copy is free to use). I let the beat play on one deck, and start/stop the vocal/rap on the other deck with my mouse on the platter. Sometimes it is even possible, with short sentences, to match (in rhythm) songs that have a different BPM. A good idea is to let Virtual DJ record your total try out session so that good combos and lucky finds are not lost.

The "better days" sometimes fits perfectly on the RHCP beat (in the last part of the mashup), so you can also choose to use just that phrase and not the total rap.
"better days - give it away now" seems to me a meaningful English sentence (but I am Dutch). So that way you could take the suggestions of the Stixers before me (= RHCP vocal on 2Pac mental) but still put "some" 2pac vocal in.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>