(FP) Kalimera Hunger(Florence & the Machine Vs Azure State)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

(FP) Kalimera Hunger(Florence & the Machine Vs Azure State)

Post Mon May 14, 2018 3:54 am

Kalimera Hunger(Florence & the Machine Vs Azure State)
Vocal: Florence + The Machine - Hunger | https://youtu.be/5GHXEGz3PJg
Instrumental: State Azure - Kalimera | https://soundcloud.com/state-azure/state-azure-kalimera

I heard the State Azure track and thought gimme some dark soulful fem vocals plz and this is what we got.

Its a Phonic Mind pella(ty: djpipw) / 128 rip instrumental - sometime you gotta work with what you got in the name of love. Did the best I could with Fab on both (it's pretty clean tbh)

Any issues lemme know - any suggestions on how/if can clean up pella more or knows the singer and can get a vocal stem def. please lemme know :1grin:

V.1

No Flash Installed

V.2 | Added Chorus & delay Fx, timing adjustment & swapped a phrase circa 3.12 where F&TM instrumental was pushing through

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rmig4b1854ujk3 ... r%20II.mp3
Last edited by SgtMash on Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Re: Kalimera Hunger(Florence & the Machine Vs Azure State)

Post Mon May 14, 2018 5:54 am

Really Nice work Sgt !

Re: Kalimera Hunger(Florence & the Machine Vs Azure State)

Post Mon May 14, 2018 4:31 pm

:1shocked: i love it ! i hope you'll get a better quality pella. For me it's a perfect combo so:
RECOMMEND

2 Star User

Re: (!) Kalimera Hunger(Florence & the Machine Vs Azure Stat

Post Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Wow, that acapella sounds great considering you started with PhonicMind. They do an admirable job but you must have done some good post-processing. (Also this combo is so good it wants to work.)

Post Mon May 14, 2018 11:22 pm

Yeah, that’s a beautiful instrumental! And such a perfect fit for the F&TM song!

Those vocals sound pretty darn good considering where they came from! I would recommend some real subtle effects, such as Ableton’s Chorus, at or below 30% wet for a bit of width and smoothness on the vocals. Chorus doesn’t always help but when it does it really covers up blemishes in the vocals nicely. Also some subtle Delays (not necessarily Ping Pongs, but those often sound like magic) at 20% or less wet. You may already have some on there, but I feel like it could use a bit more.

Basically, whatever ethereal/atmospheric stuff you can do to Flo’s voice might help and probably couldn’t hurt...

1 star User

Post Tue May 15, 2018 5:48 am

This is very 'you', SgtMash :1tongue:

2 Star User

Post Tue May 15, 2018 7:06 am

k, so I've tightened up a timing issue around 2:10, swapped out a couple phrases from an earlier part at around 3:12 - 3:20 minutes where the instrumental was popping out of the Phonic Mind pella a little too much & added some chorus and a little additional delay (ty MashG) to hopefully further bed the slightly fluffy pella.

V.2 Up Top^^

2 Star User

Post Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 am

b_romeo wrote:This is very 'you', SgtMash :1tongue:

Yea - should have been my comp entry :p

Post Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 am

V2 sounds good to me. MG suggested the changes so I'll leave it up to him though. :1cool:

Post Fri May 18, 2018 5:40 am

g4gorilla wrote:V2 sounds good to me. MG suggested the changes so I'll leave it up to him though. :1cool:

Agreed, version 2 sounds very good 2 me, congrats (leave it up to MG to confirm) :1wink:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>