explicit CVS My Neck, My Chumba - Khia + Chumbawamba

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

explicit CVS My Neck, My Chumba - Khia + Chumbawamba

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 am

===== del
Last edited by CVS on Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

2 Star User

Re: explicit CVS My Neck, My Chumba - Khia + Chumbawamba

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm

"pissing the night away" at 0:49 sounds not in key. "Danny Boy" at 1:07 also sounds off.

Tubthumping is in D major if that helps. I'm less certain about Khia but the internet seems to think she's in A minor. So maybe you need to relatively move Khia and Chumbawamba 2 semitones closer to each other (you could varispeed Khia up 1 and Chumbawamba down 1, or just try moving Chumbawamba down 2 if you like the tempo).

1 star User

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:27 am

Thanks Warezio.
Last edited by CVS on Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

2 Star User

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:55 pm

"Pissing the night" worked harmonically although the vocal seemed strangely smooth given the context. The "Danny Boy" and "don't cry for me" harmonies aren't working, if you could get these unharmonized it might work. The "knocked down" shouting parts sort of work unshifted, they sound mildly off but they are mostly not harmonic anyway.

Overall now I think the problem is things aren't gelling, it sounds like several sources being played simultaneously.

It took me a while to figure this out: with enough work you can hammer anything together, but if it is not natural then only people who really love the source material and/or have a sense of humor will be interested. If you are making music for personal enjoyment (I do that alot, workout music, work music, music so that everybody in the car except my wife can hear something they like at the same time, etc.) then scratch that itch, but if you are trying to share then invest your energy in combinations that are giving less resistance.

1 star User

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:47 am

Thanks Warezio. I understand your tip about the right combo / choose your battles.
Last edited by CVS on Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:59 am

I will try to ignore the dirty words :1lipsrsealed: I think this one needs a triple explicit tag :1laugh:

warezio wrote:"Pissing the night" worked harmonically although the vocal seemed strangely smooth given the context. The "Danny Boy" and "don't cry for me" harmonies aren't working, if you could get these unharmonized it might work. The "knocked down" shouting parts sort of work unshifted, they sound mildly off but they are mostly not harmonic anyway.

Overall now I think the problem is things aren't gelling, it sounds like several sources being played simultaneously.

I agree there are still OOK issues here, I actually hear it almost everywhere except from the original :1undecided:

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>