The Beach Boys Vs Gorillaz

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Re: The Beach Boys Vs Gorillaz

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:42 am

Version 4 is now on the OP, I fixed the weird sounding notes and fixed the timing as well, I replaced the second verse with the first one because it was a similar sounding line in the song anyways that and to make it easier so I wouldn't have to repitch the second verse, Enjoy and critique once you get the chance!

2 Star User

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:49 am

...you never call, you never write. Leave it with you :)

Post Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Well I stand corrected. While some blue notes remain, they mostly are in the middle of phrases. Meanwhile there are parts of this that work sufficiently well to be the background music for a CW show.

1 star User

Post Tue May 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Additional notes have been fixed in this version in particular every time Carl sings the word ME I re-pitched it. Feel free to comment or critique once you get the chance!

Post Fri May 18, 2018 5:51 am

I'm afraid version 5 still has some key issues, it's mainly occurs on all most every last phrase of each line (but maybe there are some more) :1undecided:
Lets wait for the 'Gyver :1embarassed:

Post Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 am

SMASH wrote:I'm afraid version 5 still has some key issues, it's mainly occurs on all most every last phrase of each line (but maybe there are some more) :1undecided:
Lets wait for the 'Gyver :1embarassed:
Yep. Although they seem to be improving, there are still some problems with the verses…Sorry--I don’t have the time or energy to break this one down further for you. Have you tried using Melodyne to see which notes land outside the key, and where to pull them? The Gorillaz track is not very harmonically complex, so you probably won’t have to worry about any weird chord changes in the instrumental. So if you’re in doubt about where to pull a note, pull it to the root, third, or fifth note of the scale (You’re in D♭ right? So that would be D♭, F, or A♭.) Hope that helps.

Previous

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>