[Explicit] White Sand In America (Linkin Park ft Eminem)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

[Explicit] White Sand In America (Linkin Park ft Eminem)

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:47 am

It's Friday 13th! And a mashup shall be shown today to exemplify that as a celebrating mood! :1laugh:

Eminem - White America (vocals)
Linkin Park - A Line In The Sand (Instrumental, some vocals)

No Flash Installed

DL It Here!
When silly crosses serious... GladiLord is always near. :1grin:

Re: [Explicit] White Sand In America (Linkin Park ft Eminem)

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:27 am

This is great IMO. The energy in each source is perfectly matched, and eminem's chorus hits the right parts of the music. Things are a bit weird at 4:40... might just be me.

Eminem's vocal sounds a bit tinny. Can you add some bottom end? And the music seems a tiny bit overpowering. Let's see what others think. Could be FP worthy. :1smiley:

2 Star User

Heh...

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:29 am

g4gorilla wrote:This is great IMO. The energy in each source is perfectly matched, and eminem's chorus hits the right parts of the music. Things are a bit weird at 4:40... might just be me.

Ty for the compliment ^^
As for the mentioned timestamp... it might be because it's from the Slim's unconventional rapping phrasing :1laugh: .

g4gorilla wrote:Eminem's vocal sounds a bit tinny. Can you add some bottom end? And the music seems a tiny bit overpowering. Let's see what others think. Could be FP worthy. :1smiley:

For "bottom end", you mean more or less impact? It would help if that was explained better... :1grin:
I hope that this can go FP, since I forgot to save my mash project file again and, thus, have to do it from the scratch if needed :1sad:

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:21 pm

The best way I can put it is the acapella needs more low tones, i.e. bass.

That might not be the correct technical term though.

2 Star User

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:02 pm

g4gorilla wrote:The best way I can put it is the acapella needs more low tones, i.e. bass.

That might not be the correct technical term though.

Ah, you mean raising the vocal's low frequencies? If so, from where to where? From 100Hz to 200Hz boost might be good (+1,5dB, or something like that)? Or a short Mid/High frequency volume reduction (let's say, 2dB as the lowest I can decrease without sounding muffled)?

Anyway, I'll wait for the opinion of other mods whose ears are way better than mine. :1laugh:

2 Star User

Post Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 pm

This is a great combination.

g4gorilla wrote:Eminem's vocal sounds a bit tinny.
This is particularly pronounced at the beginning, but things are better for me after the drop @ 1:21.

g4gorilla wrote:And the music seems a tiny bit overpowering. Let's see what others think.
I like a "rock mix" and I'm listening in headphones so it's sounds ok to me.

g4gorilla wrote:Things are a bit weird at 4:40... might just be me.
For me the vocal phrasing stopped "locking in" from 4:26 to 4:45, then it recovered.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>