[FP] You & iLife(MitiS Vs 1D)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

[FP] You & iLife(MitiS Vs 1D)

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 pm

You & iLife(MitiS Vs 1D)
Vocal: 1 Direction - You & I | https://youtu.be/_kqQDCxRCzM
Instrumental: MitiS - Life | https://youtu.be/6vETEphIm_c

k, so I know y'all gonna want to hate the 1 direction - I do, in general, but I love the uplifting Mitis track and heard the two together in my head as a kind of Pretty in Pink / Breakfast Club 80's type anthem of angst with added 201x Dubstep.

V.1

No Flash Installed

V.2 | Added some low end EQ to 1Ds nasal fest to thicken it up a little

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j8swa4ir6a2lbo ... 9%20EQ.mp3
Last edited by SgtMash on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Re: You & iLife(MitiS Vs 1D)

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 am

I like it, even if One Direction remind me of Ed Sheeran. I feel the danger/angst in the music.

Maybe this is a possibility to use a choir, made of the male singer for the chorus ? Made with (for instance) zplane's VST vielklang (in germany).

Re: You & iLife(MitiS Vs 1D)

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Great Combo. I miss Dubstep. Always loved that genre.

Re: (!) You & iLife(MitiS Vs 1D)

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:22 am

SgtMash wrote:k, so I know y'all gonna want to hate the 1 direction...

I don't knock pure pop when it's done right. In those cases pop music is its own kind of real genius. Anything from 1D to BSB, Britney etc etc.

This mashup is actually a keeper for me, but the vocal sounds quite thin, verging towards telephone. Can you add some bottom end to the vox? (If not, it's still an FP from me. :1wink: )

2 Star User

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 am

g4gorilla wrote:This mashup is actually a keeper for me, but the vocal sounds quite thin, verging towards telephone. Can you add some bottom end to the vox?

Yea there's literally not a set of balls between the lot of them and it's already varispeeded up one to hit the mental, so I'm boosting what's not really in the vocal stem, but I get you & I've added some bottom end, hopefully stopped it short of where it's predominantly boosting mud more than the vocal.

It's subtle, but there's definitely more width in the vocals now. Don't expect to see ya bass bins shake, but 1D's maybe 1.25D now.

V.2 Up Top^^

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:58 am

Okay then...

>>> FRONTPAGE <<<

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>