[EXPLICIT] Sawyer Stir Fry (Migos vs. Rush)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

[EXPLICIT] Sawyer Stir Fry (Migos vs. Rush)

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Warezio - Sawyer Stir Fry (Migos vs. Rush)

Migos - Stir Fry (acapella)
Rush - Tom Sawyer (stems)

Who needs an 808 when you have Neil Peart.

(I honestly don't know what counts as explicit nowadays, but I wouldn't play this for my kids.)

Version 1: (shorter; verb; timing; spectral tweaks)

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 1 download link
Last edited by warezio on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Re: [EXPLICIT] Sawyer Stir Fry (Migos vs. Rush)

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 pm

First off, it did make me laugh (in a good way). With my rock mashups and stuff, I can definitely use something like this at a gig this summer.

As far as critique, I would add a lot more effects to the vocals, especially reverb. Some key issues seem to happen (then again, I don't know if Migos were even in key when recording it). Did you add the delay parts and scratching? Sounding like the bass needs to be rolled off a bit on the scratching. "In the kitchen" part I like, but seemed to get a little off time. Maybe bring the track down a bit in length as well.

Post Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:40 am

Interesting, not exactly my cup of tea, but almost sounds like an original :1smiley:

I agree with Adam, some reverb will might help here. I also noticed the timing issue on that section in the middle, start at 2:41 (I think "In the kitchen" part at the end is OK, not sure :1undecided: ), and I have the same thought about the length :1wink:

2 Star User

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:44 am

Version 1 posted reflecting feedback so far.

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Everything is clear and in key but when it comes to hip hop I pay close attention to the syncopation pairing. I feel that this paring doesn't work as well as I'd like because the vocals never sit in the pocket. They have a floating "mashup" sort of feel that is preventing my recommendation. Normally, I would just recommend moving them earlier or later but I think these two have completely different accenting which will prevent them from ever locking properly.

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 pm

These two sources don't compliment each other well enough IMO.

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>