[FP] DH - I Love Celebrations (Icona Pop vs Kool & The Gang)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] DH - I Love Celebrations (Icona Pop vs Kool & The Gang)

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Don Hector - I Love Celebrations (Icona Pop & Charli XCX vs Kool & The Gang)

Icona Pop & Charli XCX - I Love It [Acapella]
Kool & The Gang - Celebration [Original]

V1

No Flash Installed

V2

No Flash Installed

Download (V2)
Last edited by Don Hector on Fri May 04, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1 star User

Re: DH - I Love Celebrations (Icona Pop vs Kool & The Gang)

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 pm

I like the combination very much. Especially when she loves the celebration.
However, I would like a bit more of the instrumental as an intro, to give people the chance to recognise the golden oldie from K+TG, before your great vocal find kicks in. Maybe even until 0"16 with some of the male vocals or the "yahooooo" superimposed over the intro.

Post Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:09 pm

CVS wrote:I like the combination very much. Especially when she loves the celebration.
However, I would like a bit more of the instrumental as an intro, to give people the chance to recognise the golden oldie from K+TG, before your great vocal find kicks in. Maybe even until 0"16 with some of the male vocals or the "yahooooo" superimposed over the intro.

+1 on the intro.

Adam Dutch hangs out on mashstix, and I asked in some thread once (can't find it now) what makes a track "DJ friendly", and he said cold opens like the one you have make it more difficult to cue and crossfade, so you should always include an 8 or 16 bar intro on tracks you want to appear on the dance floor (and this track could totally slay on the dance floor).

Post Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:52 am

warezio wrote:
CVS wrote:I like the combination very much. Especially when she loves the celebration.

+1 on the intro.

I tend to agree with the above comment. I guess you did it since you are using the original "Celebration" song, so naturally you wanted to utilize the intro to be able to use the vocals of "I Love It" as much as possible.
I'm not sure how it will sound, but maybe you can duplicate a few bars from the into for a clean instrumental intro :1undecided:

2 Star User

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:14 am

Well if you can't recognise the track after the 1st snare you can all go home ;) but I get what ppl say about an intro loop, but this is just a straight up ag a do / black lace style party fun track so idk the intro's gonna upset many ppl - and if your Dj's up to snuff that 4 beat snare and some snazzy scratchings gonna be all they need :)

Nice mash - is she a touch off tempo wise at the start up to 30 ish mark? then again a bit out 1:3x - 1:50ish & a bit off against the stabs around 2:50)

Other than that I think it's drunk disco heaven \o/ made my littlest get up and strutt 10/10

2 Star User

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Warezio wrote:
Adam Dutch hangs out on mashstix, and I asked in some thread once (can't find it now) what makes a track "DJ friendly", and he said cold opens like the one you have make it more difficult to cue and crossfade, so you should always include an 8 or 16 bar intro on tracks you want to appear on the dance floor (and this track could totally slay on the dance floor).

You asked me once about this, not sure if that's what you're aiming at..?

So on the topic of DJ friendly intros ... does the initial percussion-less portion serve this purpose?
Do you need a beat in the DJ friendly intro to match it up, or has the software scene eliminated the need for that?

and my answer in context: (shortened)
I can only answer from my own perception..
For me its not a problem to mix modern music without any beat or percussion, as 99,9 percent of music today follow a midi-clock
further all music are made of blocks, being 8,16 or 32 bars, so even without the proggy-sync you'll be fine.
But i do not think the software scene has eliminated the need for "club mixes" entirely!
For instance, if you relay on Traktor autodetect, you be fucked at some point, always check your grid, and adjust if necessarily !

:1smiley:

2 Star User

Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:07 pm

This is a super mashup Don Hector! No need for additional intro here IMO :1wink:
Muy bueno :1cheesy:

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

The only thing I would recommend it cutting "I Love It" from the I don't care sections. Right now the vocals feel overwhelming. Just the"I'm don't care" with an echo on the "Care" and the "i love it" would move to where the second "I don't care" would normally play with the "love it" echoed.

I don't care...234,123...I love it..1234,12...I don't care

or just

I don't care...234,1234,1234,12..I don't care...

or something similar.

This would make that section match the original Celebration phrasing and give the instrumental room to breath.

This is very important, otherwise I feel you will fatigue the listener.

Other than that I think the combo is excellent! Good Luck.

Re: (!) DH - I Love Celebrations (Icona Pop vs Kool & The Ga

Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 am

Does Don tweak? If not, this one should be on the Front Page. It's gold Jerry. GOLD!

For me, the point about an intro is that it sets up the mind-blow when the other song's vocal comes in.

Intro or not, I'll put it up. But what say you Don?

...Don? It's been 11 days Don...

1 star User

Re: (!) DH - I Love Celebrations (Icona Pop vs Kool & The Ga

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:13 pm

The intro is a little bit abrupt, but it's not a problem for me. It sounds really good, really funny and I enjoy it, nice work !

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>