Puff Daddy Vs Zedd "I'll Be Missing You in The Middle"

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

Puff Daddy Vs Zedd "I'll Be Missing You in The Middle"

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 pm

"I'll Be Missing You in The Middle"

Instrumental: Puff Daddy - I'll Be Missing You
AcCapella: Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey - The Middle

Version 3

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4h6 ... 3.mp3?dl=0

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/jij ... 9.mp3?dl=0

Version 2

No Flash Installed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dm3 ... 2.mp3?dl=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tatertraps on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1 star User

Re: Puff Daddy Vs Zedd "I'll Be Missing You in The Middle"

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:45 pm

I really like this! The songs fit well for me, maybe the vocals are too powerful on the chorus but who am i to judge as i struggle with this too as I usually have the vocals too low, so maybe its just personal opinion. I still really like and enjoyed this mash but I'd probably wait for the more experinced opinion of the people on here, they'll help you alot!!

1 star User

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:52 pm

It was a fun pairing that worked for a while. As richc100 said, I agree the vocals need to come down a bit in the chorus. There are also parts where the background vocals/effects in the acapella don't seem like they fit. Usually, I just EQ them out.

My biggest complaint would be the arrangement, there are certain parts in the "chorus" that seem like they could be done differently. I know the instrumental is repetitive itself, but I would like a lot more variety. Perhaps putting in another acapella?

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:06 pm

The two ahead of me are onto something. Your problem starts at 0:46. That chorus needs to start on the beginning of the 8-measure repeating pattern. You've got it right at 1:49. You need to make the first chorus fit like it does there.

Unfortunately, as well as these two pair up, you would need to execute this one to near perfection to make the Front-page since the instrumental is so simple and repetitive. It's a pretty easy mashup, so perfection is definitely achievable here. YOU CAN DO IT! :1wink:
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:32 am

yeah, thanks for the feedback guys.
Ill rearrange it and maybe add another acapella to make it more interesting.
2nd version coming soon :1smiley:

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:55 am

heres my 2nd version.
I changed the arrangement and tweaked the vocals.
I couldn't really find another accapella, I tried adding Biggie and 2Pac but both sounded really out of place with the main vocal.
let me know what you think
thanks!

2 Star User

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:50 am

... not sure the added bars in the instrumental don't make it resolve a bit strange around 40 something mark and the vocoder harmony under 'baby' sounds ooky to my ears...idk this one might be best waiting for vocal stems to turn up (if they ever do) :( may be just my ears tho' xx

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:44 pm

SgtMash wrote:... not sure the added bars in the instrumental don't make it resolve a bit strange around 40 something mark and the vocoder harmony under 'baby' sounds ooky to my ears...idk this one might be best waiting for vocal stems to turn up (if they ever do) :( may be just my ears tho' xx

Hmm
I don't know,
it sounded better to me :1huh:
can someone tell me what I should do? if no
ill just scrap this one

2 Star User

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:08 pm

The vocoder harmony is a bit ooky in parts, you could reduce it with EQ; or you could try and selectively use other (non-harmonized) parts of the acapella at problem points.

Some parts that stand out for me are from 0:46-0:51, and also "baby" at 1:04 . (Analogous points reoccur during the song). The "copy from somewhere else" strategy should work for these.

Keep in mind it's a good mashup, and probably would be well received by the general population. It's just that on mashstix there's an ethos of pushing the production value. :1wink:

1 star User

Post Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 am

I found this acapella, DIY by someone, not clean, but maybe it (or just the necessary part/line/word) is better than what you had to work witk ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU4h6yVo4JU

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>