[FP] TNT Woman (Kesha vs. Many)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
3 Star User

[FP] TNT Woman (Kesha vs. Many)

Post Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Warezio - TNT Woman (Kesha vs. Many)

Kesha ft. The Dap-Kings Horns - Woman (acapella)
The Presidents of the USA - Lump (drums)
The Beatles - Helter Skelter (guitar)
AC/DC - T.N.T. (guitar, oy)
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot (bass)
The Who - Eminence Front (synth, guitar)
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (guitar)

Another Frankensong attempt.

Version 1: (intro, first solo extend, mix tweaks)

No Flash Installed

Version 0:

No Flash Installed

Version 1 download link
Last edited by warezio on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 Star User

Re: TNT Woman (Kesha vs. Many)

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 am

Sweet...The school bands now at it's 5th year anniversary gig, definitely about to graduate into the major leagues :)

maybe some slight timing issue around 37 seconds as it feels like the guitar solo does quiet follow the bass n drums, but only for like the last 2 notes.

Maybe 2:02 the vocal flute bit doesn't resolve bang on the next section dropping in...maybe

...and I hear nothing else - man u learn fast. gr8 sounding mash I forgot it was a Frankensong instrumental Mash from the get-go, maybe a live performance by a really tight band \o/

Re: TNT Woman (Kesha vs. Many)

Post Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:07 am

That's pretty good man. I agree with Sgt's notes about the clean up but I'm sold on the idea.

Re: (!) TNT Woman (Kesha vs. Many)

Post Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:40 am

This is really impressive, Warezio! :1cool:

As a mashup artist myself, I listen to this and think, "This is the future of mashups...taking the stems from different songs and making a new song using different instruments from completely different artists." But then I pause and think, "but I'm already having issues with my audience recognizing the songs that I'm blending together unless I mix some of the most popular songs of all times or something that's currently getting lots of airplay." Will anyone but other mashup artists even recognize the original songs with a mix like this using the various stems. I have to admit that while I enjoyed this production a lot, I couldn't pick out all of the different guitar riffs from those sources. This may be too "insider" for my audience to grasp.

As far as the technical issues go, I felt like there was a stutter-step of sorts happening just before 0:40 but that was all. I could FP this as-is, but I'll wait to see if you want to try smoothing that little section out first.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

3 Star User

Post Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:15 pm

satis5d wrote:This may be too "insider" for my audience to grasp.

Yes, I think for most of the audience. For a stem-salad to really work it has to create a new standalone appeal and then encourage the listener to discover all the pieces. I'm not that good at it (yet!). My "north star" here is Popalicious by Robin Skouteris, I'll keep aiming for it!

satis5d wrote:I'll wait to see if you want to try smoothing that little section out first.

I would like some time to iron out the wrinkles on this one. Lots of RL interrupts now.

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:52 pm

I feel like it starts a little too abruptly. Perhaps work in an 8 beat intro to ease the track in.

Other than this, top notch work again :)

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 pm

A great catalog of sources and another ambitious concoction of yours, warezio!

I do feel the whole thing lacked some punch and clarity this time…the drums seem a bit low in the mix, the AC/DC guitars could maybe use a treble boost for clarity, and the Filter bass had too much, well, bass, and not enough clarity.

The intro wasn’t a problem for me. The timing and phrasing of the Stones’ guitar solo seemed off, but that often seems to be something that bothers only me, so take me with a grain of salt on that.

It’s also a bit on the short side, but you leave us wanting more, which isn’t a bad thing!

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 am

Unique! I like the concept :1cool:
Overall I enjoy it, nice use of each instrument. As said, your mix needs a bit of EQ touch, I've nothing to add, looking forward for the next version :1wink:

3 Star User

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:05 pm

Version 1 posted, incorporating totality of feedback. Thanks everybody!

(The vocal flute, I'm kinda stuck with it, since it is embedded in the acapella)

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pm

It's going to the Front Page! :1grin: :1grin: :1grin:

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>