[FP]If I Never Love Your Face Again (Maroon 5 Vs Sibewest)

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
2 Star User

[FP]If I Never Love Your Face Again (Maroon 5 Vs Sibewest)

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:05 pm

If I Never Love Your Face Again (Maroon 5 Vs Sibewest)

Instrumental: Sibewest - I Love You | https://youtu.be/El7zHOxAiZk
Vocal: Maroon 5 - If I Never See Your Face Again | https://youtu.be/CsZIxFwV4eI

Genre clash - not that I hope you notice by the time I'm through with the mixing, but lemme know as I had a hard time working out how to soften up the vocals a bit to sit them into the future luvved up despair that is Sibewest's excellent track I love You. Hope you like it.

V.1

No Flash Installed

V.2 | EQ cut, Multi-band attack/ release & fades in an attempt to soften the vocals up some more.

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/mt2m2vcr7tubir ... e%20II.mp3

V.3 | Slight volume adjustments on a few peaks n phrases, minor EQ hole in the instrumental

No Flash Installed

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/bfab55dmqw8mop ... e%20IV.mp3
Last edited by SgtMash on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: If I Never Love Your Face Again (Maroon 5 Vs Sibewest)

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:40 pm

This is an interesting and delicate vision.

I found myself wanting lower and softer vocals. I'm not sure how to achieve the latter (eq out more of the punch? pre-delay to slow the attack? long release with a transient shaper?).

Jerry Maguire ... nice ... did you add that?

The cover art title doesn't match the track title.

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:20 am

All the cover art has rihanna in it...I'll do something if it offends ;)

yea trying to soften the vocal down...guess I didn't get there then. pre-delay, transient shaper...I will be googling o.O

K, so I'd gone some way towards this accidentally I think with adding a warm tube on the vocal and adjusting the attack and release, but now I've ratcheted it up(down), added Fab to pull down specific freqs and put a hole in the vocal to remove a buncha punch. Also on the start of phrases I've adjusted the fades to take make them softer. I've then brought up the -12 vocal copy underneath a little to fill in some of that space, but hopefully not so you'll notice it's 'there' if ya get my drift.

V.2 Up Top, lemme know if this sounds less in yer face. Or if anyone knows anything more specific to do with Fab MB or Live's Multi-band maybe as all I've done here is pull down the peaky bits and listened - sounds less 'attacky' (Don't let my technical terms put you off).
Last edited by SgtMash on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:30 am

warezio wrote:Jerry Maguire ... nice ... did you add that?

no, Sibewest :) nice touch tho' - agree with all you said...was where I was coming from / trying to get to with this exactly xx

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 am

Ok I think the vocals are softer now, but they start too quiet. At around 1 minute they start to get into the zone. So maybe 1db extra in some parts, and less in others. Arguably erring on the low side is still good, it forces the listener to really attend to the track and then it feels like swimming in the instrumental richness.

I really like the wide long echos.

2 Star User

Post Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm

yea...think I saved, changed the levels then quit then opened it and stright re-rendered it without listening >> N o.O B :1laugh:

Take a run at it in the AM xx thanks for the feedbacks warezio <3

1 star User

Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 am

its sounding good,
Adam Levines voice is a little harsh, but thats why I'm not a Maroon 5 fan.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am

Listening to this on my speakers, it sounds terrific. You bring something to the mashup scene, ShtMash, that nobody else is bringing. Keep up the good work.

self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

2 Star User

Re: (!) If I Never Love Your Face Again (Maroon 5 Vs Sibewes

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:14 pm

V.3 Up Top^^ - I made a small hole in the instrumental & adjusted a few of the individual peaks / phrases a little more to hopefully smooth the volume out across the whole whilst keeping the attempt to soften Adam Levine in place.

It has let a little more of the reverb out occasionally in the -12 copy which i don't thinks a bad thing, but lemme know xx

2 Star User

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 pm

satis5d wrote:Listening to this on my speakers, it sounds terrific. You bring something to the mashup scene, ShtMash, that nobody else is bringing. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words - some ppl tell me some of the tracks I do "aren't really mashups", but eh there's room for a bit of everything under the heading I say ;)

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>