[FP] DJ T-Bone - Post Malone Vs Cyndi Lauper

Post your music productions here and get feedback from the Stix community - If you get enough positive feedback or if we really like your work, we'll post it on the front page!
1 star User

[FP] DJ T-Bone - Post Malone Vs Cyndi Lauper

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:13 am

DJ T-Bone
"Money Made My True Colors"

Sources:
Post Malone - Money Made Me Do It
Cyndi Lauper - True Colors

V2

No Flash Installed

Download

No Flash Installed

Download

Happy Valentines Day Everyone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by djtbone on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

1 star User

Re: DJ T-Bone - Post Malone Vs Cyndi Lauper

Post Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:50 pm

:1laugh:

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Sorry that this didn't get a reply back when you posted it T-Bone!

For some reason I think this actually works :1laugh:

I'll let the others chip in to see what they think!

1 star User

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Don Hector wrote:Sorry that this didn't get a reply back when you posted it T-Bone!

For some reason I think this actually works :1laugh:

I'll let the others chip in to see what they think!

haha
Thanks! appreciate that

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Don Hector wrote:Sorry that this didn't get a reply back when you posted it T-Bone!
I know it seems nitpicky, T-Bone, but the fact that you didn’t post an MP3 player may be part of the reason…I know I’ve skimmed past some tracks because I didn’t want to deal with downloading tracks. Please use proper formatting:

[MP3PREVIEW]YOUR TRACK’S DOWNLOAD URL GOES HERE[/MP3PREVIEW]

Just click the buttons above to embed your track. Also, I would recommend uploading your cover art to dropbox as well and using the [IMG] function to embed it as well. The way you have it now not everyone is able to view it.

As far as the track goes, it’s very good. It all works really well and the occasional Lauper backing vocals added some nice harmony without getting in the way too much. The last words “made me do it” (around 3:14) cuts off abruptly--you might think about adding some reverb there, or some fading echoes “do it do it do it".

And creatively, the final 19 seconds seem unnecessary without some vocals bridging the gap there like in the original (“like a rainbow”.) I think I would just recommend cutting the last bit out and letting the “oh oh oh oh”s fade out a cappella there. Hope that makes sense.

Despite those nitpicks with the ending, this gets a RECOMMEND from me!

1 star User

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 am

MashGyver wrote:
I know it seems nitpicky, T-Bone, but the fact that you didn’t post an MP3 player may be part of the reason…I know I’ve skimmed past some tracks because I didn’t want to deal with downloading tracks. Please use proper formatting:

[MP3PREVIEW]YOUR TRACK’S DOWNLOAD URL GOES HERE[/MP3PREVIEW]

Just click the buttons above to embed your track. Also, I would recommend uploading your cover art to dropbox as well and using the [IMG] function to embed it as well. The way you have it now not everyone is able to view it.

As far as the track goes, it’s very good. It all works really well and the occasional Lauper backing vocals added some nice harmony without getting in the way too much. The last words “made me do it” (around 3:14) cuts off abruptly--you might think about adding some reverb there, or some fading echoes “do it do it do it".

And creatively, the final 19 seconds seem unnecessary without some vocals bridging the gap there like in the original (“like a rainbow”.) I think I would just recommend cutting the last bit out and letting the “oh oh oh oh”s fade out a cappella there. Hope that makes sense.

Despite those nitpicks with the ending, this gets a RECOMMEND from me!

Hey really sorry about that,
ill make sure i add all of those steps when i post in the future.
thank you for the recommendation

Re: (!) DJ T-Bone - Post Malone Vs Cyndi Lauper

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:45 am

Nice combo, T-Bone :1smiley:

it sounds like you are using a karaoke version of the mental (am I wrong?), anyway, it sounds less open with stereo compared to the original. If it was me I might think of using a ping pong delay or use the Utility effect.
I also agree with MG's suggestions... are you willing improve this one? :1wink:

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:03 am

I took the liberty of fixing your post, T-Bone. Have a look under the hood to see what I did. Dropbox is a bit tricky, but once you get it right it works very well.

It sounds as though you've already made some of the recommended changes that MashGyver and SMASH suggested. The only thing holding me back from putting this on the Front Page is that there are times, especially after 3:20 where the acapella seems to be a touch behind the instrumental. Sometimes it locks, but other times it seems a bit late. If you can tighten that timing up, I'm on-board with this one.
self-proclaimed Mashstix judge of artistic expression / satis5d at sowndhaus.audio

1 star User

Post Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Hey Guys,
I'll go back and make some changes.
thanks for all the suggestions! new version coming soon!

1 star User

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:59 am

Made a couple minor tweaks, honestly I was really happy with the first but take a listen and hopefully you will enjoy this version even more :1smiley:

Next

Return to Submit Mashups <HERE>